Just Ordered

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
KaroqLuke

Post by KaroqLuke »

Hi all, newbie here.

I’ve just ordered my first Skoda. Went for the 1.5 Petrol DSG Sportline in stunning Race Blue with the digital cockpit.

It’s a factory order and the dealer has said it could take around three months. Does anyone have any first hand experience on how long this will actually take and is the current pandemic causing any delays?

I asked the dealer if they have any way of tracking the production stages of the car (like I did with my Audi) but they apparently don’t have that and told me they would just keep me updated.

Thanks,
Luke

AndyC

Post by AndyC »

I ordered an Edition model June 25th. It took 13 weeeks to arrive at the dealers, so three months is about right ballpark.

Your dealer should be able to tell you its build week quite soon after the order goes in.

Andy
Currently drive Yeti 170. Karoq Edition in Petrol Blue on order.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I had an email from Skoda UK when my order had been accepted by the factory, and a promise of further emails when the car was in production, in transit, or at the dealers. If you can get the 8 digit order number from your dealer, you can ask Skoda UK via the 'contact' widget at the bottom right of the Skoda UK website for updates on your order. (I managed it with my name, dealer and address but it took them a bit longer to track my order that way.)

My car is currently scheduled for production w/c 12th October, and then likely to be in the UK within 10 days or so, and handover perhaps a week or two after that.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
KaroqLuke

Post by KaroqLuke »

Ok great, thanks for the replies.

Still waiting for the dealer to send me over the order form. Just chased it up but in for quite a wait until i get my hands on the car.

Will try the live chat in due course, they seem pretty good when I used it to ask a few things about the car.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Well done from a fellow Race Blue Sportline owner.
If your dealer is well enough trained he will pass the factory sheet that he gets at every stage of production. It gives you all sorts of interesting info such as the extras you've ordered, the stage at which your. car is on it's journey to your dealer. and the port of arrival in the UK. (depending on where you live-north or south.)
Give him a ring and ask him to email you a copy every time he gets updated. (talk to the sales manager not the salesman as the latter probably won't get sight of the form.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
KaroqLuke

Post by KaroqLuke »

Update on my order.

Eventually managed to get the order number after the dealer seemed to drag their feet placing the order and providing it.

Just asked for an update on the live chat as others have suggested and they told me the build week is set for week 48 commencing 23rd of November.

I’m hoping this means I can get the car before Christmas. But could be wishful thinking!
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

As long as Covid doesn't bite you it should be possible.

I was told my car was in production last week, but then told it would be built THIS week. (Does 'In Production' just mean they've got all the bits lined up??) Will be messaging Skoda UK later this week via Twitter which I find gets a very fast response to get an update.

The initial promise of emails updating your order status doesn't seem to be followed through. Basic marketing skills say don't promise more than you can deliver, so why do they do that??

My dealer was also very confused when I spoke to him last week. I commented that I thought I should be getting my car early to mid November now, and he came back with 'No it shouldn't take that long as we get cars from the ports very quickly. But I can't see it arriving before the end of next week so I'm thinking he hadn't realised it was already late October!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
KaroqLuke

Post by KaroqLuke »

CJJE wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:18 pm As long as Covid doesn't bite you it should be possible.

I was told my car was in production last week, but then told it would be built THIS week. (Does 'In Production' just mean they've got all the bits lined up??) Will be messaging Skoda UK later this week via Twitter which I find gets a very fast response to get an update.

The initial promise of emails updating your order status doesn't seem to be followed through. Basic marketing skills say don't promise more than you can deliver, so why do they do that??

My dealer was also very confused when I spoke to him last week. I commented that I thought I should be getting my car early to mid November now, and he came back with 'No it shouldn't take that long as we get cars from the ports very quickly. But I can't see it arriving before the end of next week so I'm thinking he hadn't realised it was already late October!

Not looking very promising anymore. Been told my build week has been pushed back to week 51 and now with the second lockdown I reckon it’s going to be well into January before it gets to the dealer.

Dealer has not provided me with any updates, had to chase for these myself with ŠKODA live chat.

It is what it is, just hoping the delay isn’t too significant. Fingers crossed!
24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

Doesn't sound as though your dealer if up to much. We ordered our factory build Edition in mid September and we've had weekly updates on its progress through the system. She's now at the UK port and the dealer advises they will arrange for us to collect her from him on a 'click and collect basis' - no waiting until lockdown 2 ends. Most impressed!
When the threat of lockdown 2 first surfaced I was concerned she could end up parked up for many weeks in a compound either in the German or UK port - a month without being charged could well have a terminal effect on the stop start battery, as some owners of new Skodas found through lockdown 1. OK, the dealer would probably replace the battery, but I'd rather not have the aggro of getting it done.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

24 VRT wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:25 pm Doesn't sound as though your dealer if up to much. We ordered our factory build Edition in mid September and we've had weekly updates on its progress through the system. She's now at the UK port and the dealer advises they will arrange for us to collect her from him on a 'click and collect basis' - no waiting until lockdown 2 ends. Most impressed!
When the threat of lockdown 2 first surfaced I was concerned she could end up parked up for many weeks in a compound either in the German or UK port - a month without being charged could well have a terminal effect on the stop start battery, as some owners of new Skodas found through lockdown 1. OK, the dealer would probably replace the battery, but I'd rather not have the aggro of getting it done.
True, they vary enormously, but there's not much choice where I am... two dealers within 20 miles, but both in the same company. The one I chose this time has the better showroom, but the young sales exec is full of promises without delivering.