Tow bar

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Karoqofgold

Post by Karoqofgold »

I am thinking of replacing my Yeti with a Karoq, probably 150bhp 4x4 dsg edition , to tow my 2 berth caravan, but believe the electric tow bar has been withdrawn. Anyone got any news?

Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

We've got the tow bar on ours, we don't tow but it was put on by the dealer when they chose the car - we bought an edition range showroom car. What I like is that there is a button in the boot which once pressed drops the tow bar down, you then click it in place connect up the electrics and off you go, it means you don't have to have the tow bar out all the time. It is an optional extra at £850 we were also told that it can be added afterwards but check if that is the case as it is still early days and info keeps changing.

My husband watched lots of you tube videos before we bought the car and the tow bar is shown on one of them but we can't remember which one.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Karoqofgold

Post by Karoqofgold »

Thanks for the reply. I have one dealer saying it's available and one not available. Getting more info tomorrow
Janse

Post by Janse »

I found a video where you can see the tow bar in action. You find it 2 minutes in the video.
https://youtu.be/9kuYnOGBcqE
Best regards
Janse
Dovedale

Post by Dovedale »

Tow bar is an optional extra. I watched a YouTube video which made me believe it came standard factory fitted but it doesn’t. I’m trying to find an aftermarket equivalent with no vail so far.
Janse

Post by Janse »

Thats right. Tow bar is an optional extra. In Denmark you have to pay 1500€!
Janse

Post by Janse »

I have just read that the electric tow bar isn't compatible with a heated steering wheel. Anyone got any experience or comments?
Janse

Post by Janse »

Janse wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:58 pm I have just read that the electric tow bar isn't compatible with a heated steering wheel. Anyone got any experience or comments?
I contacted Skoda today and found out that it's only a problem if the tow bar is mounted after delivery. So no problem in my case :D
Peddy

Post by Peddy »

If you look on the briskoda forum there are a few posts about where you can purchase an aftermarket tow bar l think for about £550
Waggy1971

Post by Waggy1971 »

I ordered mine with the towbar.. Am i right in thinking it comes with only one socket? If so ill need an adaptor as my caravan has two leads
Karoq SE L 2.0 DSG 4x4 - heated seats / windscreen / washjets - towbar - park assist - power boot - Assistance pack - Light Assist / light & Rain Assist - park assist with steering assist - LED Lighting pack - Quartz Grey