New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
philmac1942

Post by philmac1942 »

Hi new member Phil McGraw, present owner of Yeti , waiting for delivery of new Karoq 1.5 SEL DSG , never used electric parking brake, or Auto Stop, any advice? Phil

DSL

Post by DSL »

Elec handbrake is a piece of cake, don’t worry about it. I’m new to Karoqs but have used leckie handbrakes on LRs for 14 years, just use it like you would a manual lever. Pull up to apply, push down to switch off. Simples.

Unless I’m wrong, I’ve only owned a Karoq for 31 hours.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

The only warning is don't pull the lekky brake on when moving unless travelling at high speed.
Sounds a*rse about face, but if you pull it up before the car has come to a complete halt the retardation is very severe. (it works on all 4 wheels) anything in the back that is loose will fly forward and if your seat belt is undone you will run a real risk of headbutting the windscreen.
At high speed in an emergency the weight of the car will ensure a rapid but controlled halt see here.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Fitz

Post by Fitz »

Mpg seems to be disappointing- any suggestions how to get a 1.5 at its best?
Derek Scout

Post by Derek Scout »

New member having just bought a Karoq Scout DSG 190 Turbo Diesel, ordered in Feb, arrived in UK on 23 March and 2 hours later the Prime Minister ordered lockdown. It was stuck in Port of Tyne and finally got my hands on it on Monday 20 July. Very happy so far but the cargo netting is rubbish.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Fitz wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:40 pm Mpg seems to be disappointing- any suggestions how to get a 1.5 at its best?
How many miles has the car done? what MPG are you getting.....on a run and overall. (can be found on the MFD- Multi Function Display.
If not sure how, ask here and I'll run through it.

VAG engines tend to ease up (and therefore perform more efficiently) at around 4K miles
I have now done 8K and am getting 33 overall but 90% of my journeys are VERY short. Best on a run 44mpg.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Demport

Post by Demport »

Fitz wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:40 pm Mpg seems to be disappointing- any suggestions how to get a 1.5 at its best?
My 1.5 auto is now 10 months old with 8,000 miles.
When new achieved around 34mpg but now averaging 40.2mpg on a mixture of motorway and slower roads.
I use ECO mode whenever I remember - as it has to be reset each journey.
22MY, Karoq 1.5 Edition DSG - 71 registered

Replaced 19MY, Karoq 1.5 Edition DSG 4x4 - 69 registered