Can non Karoq wheels fit?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
DSL

Post by DSL »

It’s going to take me a bit of time to figure things out here, please excuse daft questions or ones that’s been covered before but .......

........ are there any other Skoda/VW/SEAT rims fit a Karoq.

Looking to get a 2nd set of rims that I’ll use with proper winter tyres. I spend a lot of the winter in the Highlands and winters are a must (for me through experience) but prefer the route of proper winter tyres rather than all season tyres. Plus a fringe benefit is one of them acts as a spare when “normal” tyres are on.

I’ve seen a thread here re Yeti rims having wrong offset, was wondering re Tiguan, Ateca and A3 rims.

Thoughts?

TIA

Derek

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I've found this website very useful for answering questions like this.... https://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Skoda/K ... -%20).html
Having identified the PCD for the Karoq you can then go back on the lefthand side of the webpage and search by PCD to identify all the other vehicles with matching wheels. As long as they also have matching offset etc you should be fine.

The website also suggests correct tyre sizes, but I'd check with https://tiresize.com/converter/ to make sure they've got a similar rolling circumference to keep the speedo reasonably accurate.

(I've had to give up changing from summer to winter tyres down here in Staffordshire as my back objected the last time I did it. (And my winter tyres are now time-expired rather than tread-expired!) So now I've shifted to Michelin CrossClimate+ as being quite adequate for our winters.)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
DSL

Post by DSL »

Many thanks, will have a look. I’ll also have to keep an eye on the re rim weight capacity.

I also had a fiendish plan for tyres as my ILs fitted CrossClimates to their petrol SE, and subsequently have a set of virtually new tyre in their garage. Unfortunately they are slightly different size and lower weight rating.

Re back, fully understand. I used to regularly change wheel sets over on my Disco 3 and that was fun. Before I sold my last LR I was trundling down to the local barrage with wheels in the back. CrossClimates are prob fine for what I need, SWMBO will just remind me that if it’s too severe for them then I shouldn’t be heading out. Though still might be tempted to go out playing in the snow.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Yep you'll get a lot more snow in the Highlands than we do down here... and I've only been venturing up to the Trossachs in late spring for the last few years!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
DSL

Post by DSL »

Found these as a genuine Skoda wheel tyre combo, only ~£162 each. https://eshop.skoda-auto.sk/en_SK/compl ... 25557RS85P

Free delivery to local Skoda dealer, unfortunately only in Slovak Republic. That’s a wheel and tyre for £50 less than the price of the rim alone. :(
DSL

Post by DSL »

Bit of an add on question re TPMS on the Karoq, is this via valve sensors or via the wheel speed sensors? Hopefully the latter as it simplifies getting an additional set of wheels. Not a lot of availability out there for Karoq rims but fair amount of choice for Ateca/Tiguan/Q3 rims though.
DSL

Post by DSL »

PS Ignore above question, found the answer. :geek:

viewtopic.php?t=371
DSL

Post by DSL »

Minor update time. Didn’t bother going for different styles, stuck to the 17” Ratikons for a second set. Picked them up early July.

And these ready to go on.

Plus another set sitting in the boot of the car. Picked them up yesterday so they’ll stay there for a few days (CV quarantine) but that gives me a full spare winter and a full spare summer tyre. Will fit the full sized spare in place of the space saver, will loose some boot volume but that’s not an issue.

Now must stop looking at wheels for sale!

PS quarantine over, pulled them out the boot.

They look as good as they did in the seller’s pics and when I picked them up in a service station. Another Conti winter is on order, along with another Bridgestone to match the factory fitted tyre. :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post