Why the Karoq over the Ateca?

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Just wondering why you're going for the Karoq over sister cars the Ateca and Tiguan?

Johnmdfi

Post by Johnmdfi »

I feel skoda is a better fit for my driving as comfort and value are two key priorities.
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Karoq has more forgiving suspension than the Ateca, better suited to UK roads, most up to date VW group engine in the 1.5TSI, and a shorter waiting list - 3 months compared to 9 months+ for the Ateca. The Tiguan is too expensive.
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
Mazza1967

Post by Mazza1967 »

I test drove all 3 the Ateca has a very firm suspension but the interior is way below the Karoq for quality and infotainment , The Tiguan is very nice but for the price I paid for Karoq edition new , i would only be looking at non leather 1 year old se Vehicle so for me no brainer ! I purhased 1.5 edition bright silver and I love it :)
cinder

Post by cinder »

@Mazza1967

Did you find the Karoq 1.5 to feel very underpowered compared to the Tiguan 2 litre? That is my main concern (110KW vs Tiguan 132 or 162KW).
Mazza1967

Post by Mazza1967 »

My two previous cars were a e class coupe and BMW Z4 so very different , I have to say on the motorway and round town it’s been more than capable , the 190 at4ca is more powerful but I also drove both the 150 bop Tiguan and peugout 3008 and the Karoq Tsi 150 is just as quick and very quiet and refined I’m loving mine 2 weeks in and the interior is so well put together and the seats in edition trim are very comfortable
supreme

Post by supreme »

As an owner of Karoq TSI 1.5 i have to say you will be surprised how quick it is. Taking into account the size of of the car 1.5 TSI is even bit of overkill for a compact suv unless you want a sportscar acceleration then this segment suv is not for you.
Regarding Ateca it was my first choice when it was released and available to preorder. I tested Ateca and i was glad i cancelled my order. It is too firm and harsh on some roads. My Karoq has 18" rims also so it takes a bit less comfort also away as tyres are only 215/50.
If you want ultra comfy ride on all type of roads even really bad ones then go for smaller rims and more tyre on wheels.
From my experience some larger potholes can be felt inside car.
Another option is to take adaptive suspension but since it was only available for 4x4 version i couldnt take it. I dont need 4x4 for most of time in city roads. But it does cost a lot if its not already in package.
cinder

Post by cinder »

Thanks to you both. I want sportscar acceleration, hahaha! But I am resigned I won't get it in an SUV. In saying that, I'd still like 'the best of the bunch' so to speak.

I test drove the Peugeot 3008 (also Suburu XV, Nissan Qashqai) and I found them all underwhelming, I have decided a CVT engine is not for me as I can't stand that 'revvy' sound or feel. The Tiguan (162) was fine, though on a test drive there's limited opportunity to really give it some gas. Mazda CX-5 was ok but salesperson was useless, even though my current Mazda has given me no grief in 14 years. Besides that, most of them don't have all the features of the Tiguan (and Karoq).

My hubby has a V6 BMW X3 and that's not helping things. Just want semi-decent acceleration is all.

Thanks for everyone's input though, keeping a keen eye on these forums.
Problem with the Karoq, is it's not due out here in Australia til Q3, it keeps being pushed out, whilst I get more and more impatient!
Nick Bucks

Post by Nick Bucks »

The Ateca forum is reporting that Seat will no longer accept orders for the 1.4TSI engine due to " overwhelming demand" If you want a Karoq 1.5 instead suggest you get in quick before the waiting list gets ridiculous.
supreme

Post by supreme »

Nick Bucks wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:18 pm The Ateca forum is reporting that Seat will no longer accept orders for the 1.4TSI engine due to " overwhelming demand" If you want a Karoq 1.5 instead suggest you get in quick before the waiting list gets ridiculous.
Not surprised here :D
I waited my ateca 8 months until i cancelled it then lucky for me Karoq was ready to order (Ordered end of septemeber) and i was one of the first in my country to drive it . Have not seen any other Karoq yet while driving in capital city daily.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post