Folding wing mirrors

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

Just got a Karoq SEL changing from Qashqui and having trouble folding wing mirrors from inside the car. In Qashqui just pressed a button. Is there a special function or method of folding them in.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum Sanny,
You have to go into the infotainment screen> settings> Scroll to CAR then find mirrors. you can then set the mirrors to close automatically on locking (and of course open when unlocking!!
To fold/unfold on the fly turn the mirror control button to the correct position and low and behold.
they fold😉!
You have positions for adjusting, left/right, heating and folding.
All covered in the handbook.
Good luck. Hope you enjoy it.
I too had a 'Cashcow' back in 08 Skodas are vastly superior ( I am on my 7th!)
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

Thanks for that, I have tried to toggle button to 8:00 ish to close by nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Are you talking about when locking or whilst moving? If the latter, they will not fold above about 28-30mph.
Have you been into the infotainment system to set them as you want and or read the manual? The 8o'clock position should have a symbol showing folding.

Another word of caution to all......... when turning the heater on for the mirrors do REMEMBER to turn them OFF when glass is clear. For some reason there is no timer on the system, NOT so 'Simply Clever'!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

I want to close wing mirrors when I go through my gates, I have tried to close them whilst maneuvering, toggling to the 8 o'clock position without success. Do you think it may be a fault?
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Check on the infotainment 'Settings' to ensure the 'fold mirror' option is ticked. If it is, you may have a problem. They should fold on the fly up to about 30mph.
Do they fold when you lock the car?
What model do you have?
This is why people are asked to put car details and location on your signature. it makes it easier for others to help you.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

Fold mirror is ticked. Yes, they fold when locked and unlocked. Car is Karoq 1.5 SEL.
Where do you enter car details etc. Must of missed it ....
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

First things first. Mirrors. I would ring the dealer and see if they have any ideas.
2 .
car details Under signature go to top right of home page, click on your user name>profile>
edit profile> put in what you like, but location(town will do) so that any questions regarding dealer can be answered by people that know the locality. This appears top right under your user name.
Then go to > edit signature> fill in car details and anything else you want. This appears below your post at the bottom left.
Don't forget to click 'submit' in each case.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.