Karoq - MEGA POWER LED mirror Downlight KI-R

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Roy

Post by Roy »

Hi to all here, has anyone managed /done the replacing of Karoq wing mirror down-light? I wish to replace the Original fitted Down-light / Puddle light. I have seen on you-tube the replacing of Octavia 111 ( ) and wonder if it is similar and simple to do with the Karoq. I don't want or hope not to break the lens if I can help it, I have been informed by Skoda that the Glass mirror will be in excess of £300 :shock: . Any advise / help please?

o2f-mrlgt9.jpg

Roy

Post by Roy »

http://www.superskoda.com/images/Svetla/kar-mrlgt13.jpg
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Roy,
What model do you have?
My Edition has the puddle lights in the front doors and shows the word 'SKODA' on the ground.
Taken at 16.40 this afternoon.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Roy

Post by Roy »

Morning Kodiaq,
I took delivery in mid June 2018 ... it's Skoda Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI 150PS - Petrol Blue
Had a number of additions added at point of ordering vehicle i.e: -
Adaptive cruise control
Park assist
Auto light assist including automatic high beam lights, auto dimming rear view mirror and light and rain assist
Heated Windscreen / Heated windscreen washer nozzles
Heated Spoke leather multi-function steering wheel
Family pack
Then I had extras fitted by dealer before delivery: -
Aluminium pedal set
Mat over Tunnel
Scuff plates in door apertures
Mud Flaps F & R
Karoq Roof Bars
and finally had a Tow-bar fitted by Tamar Towing & Caravans Ltd.

In addition, this model comes with LED lights ... I changed all of the the original lamp units by purchasing the lamp housing's from skoda, put in my own LED fitments ( Front Foot-well, Glove box, under front seat for passenger foot-well) which now gives interior illumination like an aircraft.
Plus, I replaced the number plate lamps ... and also replaced the Boot light unit as well.

I have added a Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector Strip and finished off the rear boot hatch with a Decorative Stainless Steel Strip.

Now I am looking at changing the Wing Mirrors Led lamps with brighter Down / Puddle ... but as I found out, the mirror glass on this "Edition" is in excess of £300.00 if it is broken, due to it having the "Blind spot function, Heater function and having the Auto Changing Dimmer Glass system that works with the interior mirror.

Your photo depicting the Skoda light is identical to my wagon, which I was looking at removing the Skoda light insignia and having a standard super bright light with the plastic Red reflector unit changed to be illuminated.

Regards,

Roy
Roy

Post by Roy »

Kodiaq, I forgot to mention that I up-dated my Reverse Light bulbs for 1000LM LED's (What a Difference it makes, even using the reverse camera) Will possibly change the Indicator bulbs next.
Some additional pics of Wind Deflectors, Roof Bars plus the fitted Tow-hitch.
Will, add pic of Boot Lamp

DSCF2934.JPG

DSCF2564.JPG

DSCF2563.JPG

DSCF2559.JPG

DSCF2583.JPG

Roy

Post by Roy »

Before and AFTER LED's (Number Plate) Stainless Steel Bumper and Decorative Strip

French Air Quality Emission Certificate / Disc

DSCF3120.JPG

DSCF2990.JPG

DSCF2989.JPG

DSCF2562.JPG

DSCF2561.JPG

petenkaz

Post by petenkaz »

Hi where did you get the reverse led bulbs from and which ones are they cheers
Roy

Post by Roy »

Morning petenkaz, the LED's I got through CarModShop (his name ? James) = Email: james@car-mod-shop.co.uk

Here are 2 sites to check: - http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/car-mod-shop-ltd (or) http://www.carmodshop.co.uk/

I would check with this useful site as to which bulbs you have to be certain (ORIGINAL W16W - Clear & WY16W - Indicator) ... https://www.osram.de/apps/gvlrg/en_COM

Here is a little more for you to search through: -

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB803GB803&sxsrf=ACYBGNSojNgu-37Wofcmtu-3va4CHyFYQA:1572507803401&q=karoq+reversing+light+bulb&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjIyJyIgMblAhWNlhQKHVI6Cc8QsAR6BAgIEAE&biw=1471&bih=899#imgrc=_

DSCF2541.JPG

5afadb6ec971d_IMG_20180515_124751-Copy.jpg.805fbd88577f1a40585cc1acf1237a5f.jpg

Mike sandy

Post by Mike sandy »

Just ordered 2 led reversing bulbs from car mods .
they remembered you Roy .
I've noticed in the dark the original bulbs are a bit candle like.
Thanks for the link Roy .
Karoq 1.5 SE with tow bar
Dark blue metallic
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Roy,
Just out of interest........ when reversing after dark using the camera and the fact that the Edition has two reversing lights, do you not find the OE bulbs satisfactory? I have no problem with them, but do agree they could be brighter.
Colin.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post