MORI Poll re the Karoq has really annoyed me!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

I’ve been sent a questionnaire by Ipsos MORI asking me to answer a series of questions about our new Karoq plus a lot of other q’s about Mrs J and me, including what I consider intrusive ones about employment, lifestlye and income ‘for classification only’. If I’d been offered a voucher or cheque, I’d have considered it but I’m not wasting half an hour so that MORI can be paid for my efforts! Cheeky s***s. I've told them so in a snotty reply and will complain to Skoda UK too.
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I hope they contact me as well! Shotgun loaded...both barrels!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Jimmy of Whitby

I've sent an e-mail to Skoda Customer Services complaining about the MORI survey, but will they reply? I did mention that I'm a member of Which? and will contact them if their reply is not satisfactory.
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Just tell Mori that you are socio-economic class C1 and no more, because that is how they are trying to categorise you. All pensioners are classed as E (assuming retired and unemployed) regardless of income or capital which I think is a damn cheek. E is as low as you can go!!

Social Grade Description % HRP population (UK)
AB Higher & intermediate managerial, administrative, professional occupations 22.17
C1 Supervisory, clerical & junior managerial, administrative, professional occupations 30.84
C2 Skilled manual occupations 20.94
DE Semi-skilled & unskilled manual occupations, Unemployed and lowest grade occupations 26.05
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Jimmy of Whitby

Today I received the following reply from Skoda UK. I'd told the Customer Services Adviser that I was quite happy to answer the short surveys sent either by the dealer or Skoda UK and as we now own our fifth Skoda , we are very happy customers, but expressed my disappointment at the intrusive survey sent out by Ipsos MORI. This reply closes the matter as far as I am concerned and I will thank Skoda UK for their response.
Dear *****

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding Ipos Mori questionnaire and for taking the time to write to us to tell us about this. Your feedback has been forwarded to our Product Marketing Team.

I am delighted to offer you 50.00 GBP to spend within the ŠKODA Network.

You are a valued ŠKODA customer and I hope this continues for many years to come.

Please present a copy of this email to an Approved ŠKODA Retailer of your choice when you wish to redeem our goodwill gesture and the necessary arrangements will be made.

Should you require any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me on any of the details below.

Thank you for taking the time to contact ŠKODA UK.

Kind regards
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I think that multiple ownership can sometimes get you places with Skoda I am now on my 7th. The Kodiaq was my 5th and they very kindly gave me £500 off the price and the dealer matched it so I had £1,000 off list. Being an early adopter of the Kodiaq (ordered, even before the production lines had started running,) they gave a few of us free Canton and spare wheel.
Frankly the Canton is a waste of money and I would have much rather been given a choice of the extras I WANTED. But hey-ho gift horses and mouths I suppose.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Jimmy of Whitby

Back on to the original topic. I mentioned in the three Skoda fora I belong to that £50 would be an appropriate 'fee' for completing the Ipsos MORI survey. This is the amount that Skoda UK then sent by e-mail. Coincidence - I think not! Now I've received a further request to complete a survey from 'Ipsos Loyalty GmbH', with a return envelope to Germany. It is less intrusive and the majority of the replies are by tick boxes. I will complete it, as I've been 'remunerated', but it's quite interesting that Skoda must (obviously) review comments on the various fora.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post