What annoys you about your Karoq?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Thanks milfmog 😀
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.

chrispbits

Post by chrispbits »

Thanks for the replies regarding my adventures with DSG. I was able to replicate the problem by simulating the same conditions on a quite road. Revs shot up to in excess of 3,000 before the car started to move. I understand from other forums that the cars systems should provide better control of revs.

I've not spoken to the dealer yet - I'm in the process of accumulating evidence under a variety of test conditions so I can make a clear case for intervention.
Karoq SE L 1.6 TDI DSG in Business Grey
Usual SE L stuff plus leather seats and spare wheel
Kernow

Post by Kernow »

When in the UK, the Satnav only marks in the name of roads and not villages and towns you may pass through. However I have just been to France and there the satnav shows all the village and town names....why??
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Have you tried altering the magnification? (-or+)
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

Nothing, except that it isn't Yeti-shaped with all the same gizmos.
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
Davithh

Post by Davithh »

Meteor grey sportline 4 week old drivers door and passenger door have developed rattles over uneven roads sounds like glass on metal goes away when you open the window.MOST ANNOYING SKODA.
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

The noisy wipers.
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

kodiaq wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:05 pm
Milfmog wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:52 pm
sanqhar wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:28 pm Why can’t it coast in normal drive mode. That’s the main reason I use Eco.

Tom
Does coasting actually save any fuel? An injected engine will shut off fuel completely when on the over-run and so use nothing, but if it is coasting the car will need to use fuel to prevent the engine stalling. I am sure the engineers at VW are not daft, but I am both curious and confused.

I used the car in eco mode pretty much full time for the first 1000 miles but cannot honestly say I noticed an increase in fuel consumption when I took to leaving it in normal.

Have fun,

Ian.
I ran my Kodiaq in 'ECO' for a time and could not honestly say that it improved consumption.
I am at the moment running in 'ECO' in my 4x4 and am consciously making it freewheel whenever I can.
I'll do this for about a week and then revert to 'normal' and see what, if any, the difference is.

Basically I agree with Ian, I can't really see how coasting with the engine on tickover is anymore advantageous than running with the injection system closed down apart from enough to stop the engine stalling.

I am firmly of the belief that motor manufacturers have been 'suckered' in by various governments to shut the 'Green whingers' up. by putting pointless tech into cars as a sop to saving the planet. To wit..... start stop & eco mode.
I gather that some manufacturers are beginning to drop stop start and many do not have eco mode. Roll on the day!! :D
My further thoughts.

I like the Eco mode for the coasting. In normal drive mode lifting the throttle makes the car slow down, you then have to open the throttle to get back up to speed. Coasting does what it says and doesn’t slow me down as much as a closed throttle would.

If when coasting I want some engine braking then a light touch on the brakes puts the throttle back to the normal closed throttle slows the car and still remains in Eco

My annoyance with Eco is that the car doesn’t remember the mode. If you press the Mode button once the modes on the centre screen show with Eco highlighted but this needs to be touched to activate it. Not a problem when stationery but a distraction when moving. However if you press the Mode button five times the screen cycles through the various modes and when it gets back to Eco you don’t have to touch it, it is activated automatically. It’s just sloppy programming. This is a pure software problem and easy enough to fix.

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I completely agree with TOM. Except his last sentence.*
I use Eco all the time on my 4wd 1.5 EVO DSG,
On a 40 mile cross country run yesterday I managed 44.7 mpg. Having done only 2800 miles (Therefore engine still tight) I am more than happy with that figure.
* I am totally P'd off with having to select ECO every time I restart. What galls me even more is that my friends 18 reg Golf has the same system but STAYS IN SELECTED MODE ALL THE TIME!
It annoys me so much that I have written to my dealers senior technician who is very good with all electronics and he simply cannot find out how to alter the software to perform as the golf does.
He continues to search and as soon as and IF, he gets the answer I will be certain to publish it here.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Dombot232

Post by Dombot232 »

Ford pop racer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:25 pm Just one thing really, have to remember to deactivate start stop when I set off otherwise it stops at the first opportunity and the most inconvenient time, usually while still moving.
I would have to say the stop start as well, drives me crackers
Previous car Volvo XC60, now have Karoq SEL 2.0, Dsg, virtual cockpit with leather pack

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post