Well done you!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

TJJ

Post by TJJ »

Hi Jimmy when you said your 2WD had a wet clutch I emailed Skoda Australia. The Karoq Brochure here says it's a dry clutch. Skoda confirmed that my FWD Karoq 1.5 dsg is a DQ200 dry clutch. I would be surprised if the clutch plates are covered by an extended warranty as they are wear and tear parts like brake pads. But the rest of the dsg parts I would expect to be covered. In Oz Skoda gives a 5 year unlimited mile warranty. And we have the Australian Consumer Law Guarantee which has seen some (not car) manufacturers not bothering with a warranty at all. I had a Samsung TV with a 1 yr warranty and when 3 1/2 years old developed a power supply issue. Samsung replaced it with a new 4K curved TV no questions. Hope Skoda are that way. I too had some uncertainty re DSG as I prefer manual but this dsg is so smooth even on take off. Though I think that's because I leave it in auto hold all the time and have stop/start permanently disabled.
TJ
Karoq 1.5 DSG Oz Launch Ed. Candy White 19"
My other car's a Yeti
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

Hi TJJ. Once I have a copy of the 'from new' warranty I'll check the conditions. Comments on another forum indicate that the one year warranty providing a fourth year of guarantee provides less cover than the pre-registration warranty. It seems strange that once the car is registered, Skoda will not normally give the full warranty. It was only because I argued that if I'd known of the difference, I would have insisted on it being included from new or I'd have refused the car. It is on my 'tick -sheet' of options as proof, where all the other ticked items were added to the order. If the dealer or Skoda had proved awkward, I'd have consulted Which? Legal services, who for a reasonable annual charge provide legal advice, including appropriate correspondence and they seem to get good results. Some companies in the UK provide excellent service too. We bought a digital Freesat tuner/recorder from John Lewis, which failed about a week before the two-year warranty expired. Instead of suggesting repairs, I was told to select another model, which was an upgrade, and I just paid the difference.
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
Davithh

Post by Davithh »

Ive had my karoq sportline about 4 week now the car has developed an annoying rattle inside the drivers door card it sounds like a glass rattle just above the internal door handle its worse when i go over rough road and now the passenger side has got the same rattle.The rattle happens when the window is closed if i open it the rattle goes away or if i push hard on the door card the rattle stops.Its so frustrating as it is right in my ear line and dont really want to go back to the dealer and have them strip the door down as it may open a can of worms.
Any suggestions for a home fix.
Dave.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Obviously not the DSG ...I hope! ;) :lol:
If anyone else has your problem they won't find it here.
Could you start a new thread concerning the rattle please. Thanks.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)