Squeaky noisey wipers

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
2968mogul

Post by 2968mogul »

Anyone else have juddery wipers and a sound like the the drivers side wiper is hitting the A pillar at the extreme of it's clockwise travel? (There is nothing for the wiper to hit as the screen/pillar join is fairly flush)

Mine seem sensitive to the amount of rain and driving speed. Sometimes they are silent and other times they are really annoying!

I haven't made a note of which combinations are bad - maybe I should!

Surrely it doesn't need new wipers after 5,000 miles driving in 6 months....
Karog 1.5TSi SEL DSG Quartz grey

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Try cleaning the screen and blade edges with meths. It may be polish from a car wash or something as simple as tree sap. (silver birch sap particularly is a b*gger to shift)
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
2968mogul

Post by 2968mogul »

Thanks Kodiaq. Will do though I can't remember any event when the screen was particularly dirty or sticky.
Unless it's something to do with factory or PDI.

As no one else is having troubles at least it's not a new design feature!!
Peter
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Presumably your dealer replaced the wiper motor? Take it straight back to them and don't be fobbed off!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Gwenlais1

Post by Gwenlais1 »

Had the same problem. Cleaned screen and blades with everything I could think of, including meths to no avail. Dealer changed blades (car only covered 1,200 miles). Problem solved.
Mike sandy

Post by Mike sandy »

Hi , I saw saw a guy on YouTube clean his juddering blades with a white cloth sprayed with WD40 and rubbed them till no more black came off and used a quality glass cleaner for the glass . He had done this for over twenty years on many cars . I might try this if and when my blades judder.
Karoq 1.5 SE with tow bar
Dark blue metallic
Guyboy

Post by Guyboy »

Hi I saw the same vid and tried it (as well as cleaning the screen with meths) Didn't work, if anything it's actually worse...
The Hood

Post by The Hood »

Juddering wipers are caused by the wipers being parked in the same position for a long period of time, the part that wipes the windscreen "sets" at an angle and no longer wipes at 90 degrees to the glass causing the juddering. On a Yeti every third or fifth time the ignition key is removed the wiper blades move a couple of millimetres which turns the edge of the blade over preventing it "setting" and stopping any juddering, doesn't the karoq do the same?
The Hood
AKA The Hood
DMS, CMS, DIPNEBSS, MISM
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

NO! that's far too simple!! :lol:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
2968mogul

Post by 2968mogul »

Yes Gwenlais1 I gave up fiddling and bought a new set. They are smooth and silent - much better than the factory ones ever were! Spoiling the ship for a hap'orth of tar eh?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post