Satnav taking over speed numbers

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
davylee2470

Post by davylee2470 »

Not to appear thick but when I have my sat nav on it takes over where the digital speedometer is.
cant find how to have satnav on and show speed apart from physical speedometer.
My nassan satnav only came up when you were near a instruction

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I don't think you have a choice. You either have the navigation data between the dials or the driving data (one screen of which is the digital speedo). Of course, this may be different if you have the "virtual cockpit"* which I have not seen and cannot comment on.

Have fun,

Ian.

* Why do they call it a virtual cockpit? There is nothing virtual about it, it is real. If they mean digital dash, why don't they say so?
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
wakev

Post by wakev »

hi i have the nav showing between the dials, the rest of the info about next junction and speed limits showing on the radio screen. at 19 seconds on this youtube vid

Karoq 2lt TDi sportsline.
Previous 4 yeti's over 10 years
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

For the 'plebs' dashboard that I have i:e: the old fashioned rev counter and speedo with the MFD in-between.
I assume Davy is referring to satnav instructions showing in the MFD?

To get rid of this and return to what ever you want........ on the right hand steering wheel spoke press the button to the right of the 'roller' in this pic. If you roll the roller it will take you back to the entire menu of items you can have showing on the MFD, including the speed.Image
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Davylee2470 referred to the way that his Nissan used to suppress the sat nav data unless there was an imminent instruction from the sat nav. There is no way to do that with the Skoda analogue dash and I am not aware of a way to do it with the digital panel either. However, somebody with a digital dash may know if there is a way to do it. (There is nothing in the Skoda video that indicates one way or another on that point).

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post