first service

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
nipi

Post by nipi »

Took delivery of my karoq last week, 3year PCH. no servicing. just getting used to it after doing my first 400 miles. what worries me ist that it shows service due in 19700 mile or 635 days. is this correct.
Any help appreciated.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum.
The service scheduling system can be set in 2 different ways. 12 months or 12k miles whichever is soonest or the 'as required system', where the clever gubbins notes the condition of the engine oil and tells you when it needs a service. After only 400 miles the oil is obviously still nice & clean.
Expect that mileage to decrease as you carry on.
You don't say which model, transmission or fuel your Karoq is. If you put those details in your signature and your location (Town will do) it will help others help you with any further questions you may have.
You can get you dealer to change the service interval type if you wish or have any more in depth questions regarding servicing.
ENJOY!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Nothing to stop you taking it to a dealer for an annual service. An oil change service every year is what I have done. The high miles service is mainly for those company car drivers beating up and down motorways every day. If I was doing low annual miles there is no way I would wait 3 or 4 years for a service.

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Hear hear!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

We had our first service at 9,500 miles when the indicator told us it was coming up - shorter than usual but do a lot of towing these days for my son's karting :-)
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Johnd5314

Post by Johnd5314 »

sanqhar wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:46 am Nothing to stop you taking it to a dealer for an annual service. An oil change service every year is what I have done. The high miles service is mainly for those company car drivers beating up and down motorways every day. If I was doing low annual miles there is no way I would wait 3 or 4 years for a service.

Tom
You wouldn't wait 3 or 4 years - it is limited to a maximum of 2 years.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I would not wait 2 years. Oil changes are cheap, new engines are not.

The long, use driven service may make sense for high mileage drivers who will still get to a service in around a year but lower mileage drivers tend to do more short journeys which are hard on oil and hence on engine components.

As our North American friends say YMMV, but I would rather pay regular small bills than an unplanned biggie.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post