What annoys you about your Karoq?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Graham

Post by Graham »

Hi Gang.
First post from me. I've had my white SE L for a month now.
Two things annoy me more than they should;
1.) The "speedo" goes up to 160 mph meaning 20, 40, 60 etc are highlighted on the dial. I would far rather it spaced as 10, 20, 30, 40 etc and stop at 120 (Or whatever.) The only way the car would reach 160 would be if I pushed it over a very high cliff.
2.) There is an annoying reflection of the chrome air vent surround in the drivers wing mirror.

Anyone else have any minor annoyances?

sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

+1 mirror reflection.
Having selected Eco once, the next time I start the car it has reverted to the normal drive mode despite showing Eco on the central screen.
18” Braga wheels. Can’t get all season tyres to fit and they are not easy to clean.

In the scheme of things all minor and no regrets buying it (1.5tsi dsg).
....and today was a good day in the life of....
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I have taken up the ridiculous (in U.K
) Speedo markings with SUK.
The reply is that all V.A.G. use generic Speedos based on kph(??? What even on an mph Speedo???)
Usual gobbledy gook reply.
Due to the white digits on silver dial I find it difficult to spot , at a quick glance, the unmarked speeds.
My solution is to mark the plastic dial cover with a red dot using a spirit based pen such as those used for OHP foil marking

Hope this helps.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

10 months in and for me, I wish it would warn me when the Sunroof is tilted open. That's about it really...
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Graham

Post by Graham »

kodiaq wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:07 am
My solution is to mark the plastic dial cover with a red dot using a spirit based pen such as those used for OHP foil marking

Hope this helps.
That's a good idea. I'll look in to it. Thanks.
wakev

Post by wakev »

uuummm so far nothing :D the speedo not a problem for me, with the virtual cockpit I just selected the one that shows the mph in figures in the bottom of the speedo, and the rpm dial on the left with the sat nav between them.

l Love the way i can change the appearance, SWMBO has the same dials with her phone menu between them :D, all programmed for a key each so it loads for each driver. Even remembers each radio station and heat settings for each person :D happy days.

The only thing thats not remembered is the driving mode, but just press the button and select sports each time I set off :twisted: . she just drives in normal mode. I have tried both normal and sports with no difference in fuel consumption :D I find sports is a lovely drive :twisted: .
Karoq 2lt TDi sportsline.
Previous 4 yeti's over 10 years
chrispbits

Post by chrispbits »

A tendency when needing to enter a roundabout a bit a smartish to think about it for a bit before responding to throttle inputs. It is becoming a real problem. This with a 1.6 diesel by the way and not the well publicised problems of the 1.5 petrol.

Agree wholeheartedly with the Speedo issues - bad colour scheme coupled with kph biased Speedo, not a great combo. Where were the ergonocists when that decision was made?

What I really like though is being able to put two mountain bikes in the back, in their bike bags, and I still have a clear view out the rear window.
Karoq SE L 1.6 TDI DSG in Business Grey
Usual SE L stuff plus leather seats and spare wheel
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Just one thing really, have to remember to deactivate start stop when I set off otherwise it stops at the first opportunity and the most inconvenient time, usually while still moving.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Drive select mode resetting to 'normal' every time you switch off. I want to leave it on 'Eco'.(Cos I'm a stingy old sod! :lol: )
Seriously though, I'm trying to see if it really DOES improve the MPG.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Why can’t it coast in normal drive mode. That’s the main reason I use Eco.

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post