air recirculation ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

hi,

be gentle this is my fist post.

i took delivery of my Karoq on Monday, and from Tuesday as i drive there is a loud clicking/cracking noise from the passenger footwell.

i have traced this and managed to replicate it by using the "air recirculation button", but this happens multiple times as i drive without the button being pressed.

i'm sure the aircon system should not be this loud when changing over from recirculated air to normal flow, but wondered if anyone else may have had this issue ?

need to add that it is in with skoda next week to be looked at.

anyone ?

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum Paul.
I can't think what is causing that noise I'm afraid.
Mine certainly doesn't do it.
I only ever recirculate if following stinky old diesel. Heavy smoke or clouds of dust. Sorry to be of no help whatsoever :lol:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Interesting wording using “can” but....

Climatronic
The Climatronic can have a sensor that measures the air recirculation mode and automatically turns on if there is an increased concentration of pollutants in the incoming air.
When the pollutant concentration decreases to the normal level, the recircula- ted air mode is automatically switched off.
Automatic switch-on/switch-off of the air recirculation function can be set in the Infotainment screen, by pressing the  button on the Climatronic and by then pressing the function surface  → Automatic air recirculation.
A shut-off of the air recirculation function takes place automatically by press- ing the button, possibly depending on the moisture conditions in the vehi- cle interior.

Page 118 of owner’s manual

Tom G
....and today was a good day in the life of....
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

thanks for the replies.

i've checked the "climatronic" setting and it was set to auto, but even with this unchecked it is still making the noises when driven.

as previously mentioned, it is in on Wednesday, so i'll let you know how i get on.

thanks,
w82

Post by w82 »

Hi Paul. Sorry to resurrect this - just wondered if you fixed it or remember how it was resolved? Just bought a Kodiaq with this exact issue.

Thanks

Will