Karoq: Speed limit on virtual cockpit

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
mydigitalself

Post by mydigitalself »

Hi folks,

I've tried searching but haven't really found a good answer. I've seen some videos of the analogue traditional cockpit and there always seems to be a speed limit in the top digital display between the speedo and rev counter. I've watched countless videos of the virtual cockpit, but I've never seen the speed limit show up in those demos.

Can anyone with a Karoq + Virtual cockpit confirm if it's there or not please?

Thanks
Mike

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Mike,

You should be aware that the speed limit you see in videos of the "proper" cockpit ( :) ) is the Traffic Sign Recognition option, it is not standard. if you do not have this option specified it will not be available to you.

Have fun,

Ian.

PS welcome to our corner of cyberspace.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Which speed limit are we talking about?
The limiter you can set to any speed (why only ONE setting Skoda? Simply stupid!) will ping and warn you when you exceed the set speed and/or you can scroll through the MFD menu until the speed warning is showing.
Only having the 'plebmobile' I don't have TSR, so can't help any further I'm afraid.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

kodiaq wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:25 am Which speed limit are we talking about?
The limiter you can set to any speed (why only ONE setting Skoda? Simply stupid!)
There are two speed warnings available as standard Colin (if you work around the system). Before I discovered how to link the speed warning to the Traffic Sign Recognition I had set the speed warning for 30mph zones and the winter tyres warning to 75 for use on motorways. I don't use winter tyres but the car does not know that...

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Ian,
Do tell. I can't see any way on the mfd of setting speed alarm to more than one speed.
I don't have traffic sign recog.
Couldn't find it on any of the Yetis or Kodiaq either.
Is it perhaps on the main screen, lurking somewhere?
Thanks
C
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

kodiaq wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:44 pm Do tell. I can't see any way on the mfd of setting speed alarm to more than one speed.
Colin,

To get the second speed warning go to the main infotainment display and press the menu "button" at the bottom right. Select vehicle | settings | tyres. Now check the box for winter tyres and set your chosen second speed warning.

When you exceed the speed you will get a warning chime and a message that you have exceeded the winter tyres speed limit.

Hope that helps.

Ian.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Many thanks Ian.
I will do it.
Cheers.
C.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.