Drive mode - remembering/storing preferred default mode

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

I've only had my Karoq a day, but already I have found out that I prefer the weighted sport steering to the normal mode so I have set this up in individual. Question is - can I somehow save this as the default driving mode so that I don't have to switch to 'Individual' each time I get in the vehicle?

I've gone through all of the options I can find but I can't see any way to do this.
2019 Karoq Sportline 2.0 TDI 4x4 - Quartz Grey

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I believe the mode resets to normal each time the ignition is switched off. The car may try to con you though as the main screen continues to show the previously selected mode anc the mode button stays lit even though the car has reverted to normal. The MFD between the dials will display correctly.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Thanks. Very frustrating - it would have been easy to implement a default option on the drive mode screen. I know that I can quickly tap the drive mode button 3 times to go straight in to Individual, but even so....
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

There are different views on this. I had the individual set to Eco and heavier steering. I found that the gearbox would reset itself to normal D mode but the steering stayed the same. The interesting part was that my wife complained when driving, and using her key, that the steering was heavy.
I therefore have no idea as to the answer to this question.

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

@Weyland - I am the same as you. I have set the individual mode to the weighted steering only, no other changes, and when I turn off and turn on again the car stays in individual mode and the steering remains weighted. I can be sure this is the case as yesterday this happened after a long drive and leaving the car for a couple of hours before the return leg. This issue other refer to is I believe related to if you change the gearbox setting to sport - there is a software glitch around this I believe, but steering changes are retained.
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

...so not simply clever!

Tom
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Weird. I've got a sportline manual and my resets to 'Normal' driving mode when the ignition goes off. My choices are saved in Individual, but I have to switch to individual mode each time I turn the ignition on
petewarduk

Post by petewarduk »

Was looking for an answer to this earlier and p55 of manual suggests driving mode can be saved to the key. Haven't tried it yet but makes sense.
https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualS ... df#page=57
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Think it only applies when you have electric seats.

Tom
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

This REALLY Ps me off!
Every time I start I have to reset my chosen drive mode.
A friend has an 18 plate golf R and his chosen drive mode STAYS selected.
I have asked the Master Tech at my dealer if it can be changed with a VCDS. He said he would have to investigate and would get back to me.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post