Uncomfortable Seat

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Prog

Post by Prog »

Is anyone else struggling to get the driver's seat comfortable? I'm fairly long in the leg (34") and find that I have to have the seat very low to get it far back enough. I get a lot of pain in my Rectus Femoris muscle after driving for a while which is obviously spoiling my enjoyment of the car!

I should add that this is my fourth Skoda. I've had a Citigo, Fabia and Octavia prior to the Karoq and have never had this issue before. Even the Citigo didn't feel cramped.

mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Hi Prog. Which seats are they? I'm 6ft 2 and quite large - I have the seat low as well, but not too far back - I can sit behind myself with my knees touching the back of the drivers seat (legs apart not straight). So I am closer than I normally would be potentially - as a rough guide in the leather electric seats for me:
- Seat at lowest point
- Base fully tilted up at the front
- About 2 inches of overlap with front of seat and steering wheel (and can sit behind myself)
- Seat slightly reclined

I have to say I've been uncomfortable in many cars in the past, but find the Karoq to be the most comfortable I have owned - did 450 miles in one go (with short service station stops) and no aches or pains at all. Stick with it and I'm sure you'll get there...
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Prog

Post by Prog »

Thanks for your reply.

I have an SEL so the seats aren't electric unfortunately so there's no way to tilt the seat base which would probably help.

I've stuck with it for 3 months and my physio thinks it's definitely the car that's the cause.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I am 6'3" with a similar inside leg measurement to you and do not have a problem with posture related discomfort. I use a mid-height position on the seat pan and sit a little further forward and more upright than I would in a lower car. This has proved comfortable for me. There is lots of advice on setting up a driving position online; I would suggest that you set everything to roughly the middle position and then readjust the seat from there. You may find that you end up in a different position that works better for you. Certainly, a higher position ought to take some of the strain off your thigh muscles.

The Karoq is by no means the most comfortable car I have owned (any of my three Volvo estates could take that crown) but it is fine most of the time. On a long drive, I sometimes find the seat pan a little too firm for comfort but it is really only noticeable after about 3 hours.

Hope that helps,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I am 6' and 31 inch leg. (used to be 6'2" and 33" (that's what old age does for you)
both Kodiaq and Karoq had/have manually adjusted seats. I admit Karoq has slightly less room, but although shorter in the leg than you I find it superbly comfortable (leather in Karoq, Alcantara in Kodiaq). I have my seat at it's highest and as far back as it goes.
You don't say which leg or both is/are affected? Or if your car is manual or DSG?
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post