New Skoda Baby SUV KAMIQ

The place to discuss everything else..
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Thank you it worked now :P
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand

Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

That looks nothing like the rendering, god awful wheels and and a nothing looking car.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Ford pop racer wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:31 pm That looks nothing like the rendering, god awful wheels and and a nothing looking car.
Yup, another bland looks-like-everything-else SUV. Just what the world needs. (Not that the Karoq or Kodiaq styling is any more interesting).

The Karoq is a better car than the Yeti, but it has none of the personality that made the Yeti such fun to own. It seems that SUVs need a term similar to the UJM* of the motorcycle world.

Have fun,

Ian.

* UJM: Universal Japanese Motorcycle, a general term of abuse aimed at all the bland, identikit, across-the-frame four-cylinder bikes of the late '70's and early '80's.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Have there been different shapes of the yeti, I'm sure the latest ones look a little less quirky than earlier models. I deliberately avoided anything that looked like a van after driving a scudo 6 seater for eleven years.
In my opinion the karoq looks classy unlike most of the other suv's that look like something out of mad max.
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I'm with you FPR.!
I think both the Kodiaq and the Karoq are great looking cars. Being an old fashioned (old age!) sort of bloke I like SUVs and estate cars to look like what they were originally designed for, load lugging. That's why I had three Yetis.
The slopey back SUVs And 'Tourers' (as modern estate cars are called) are, IMHO, pointless and ugly. The enormous BMW slopey back SUV and Audi equivalent are vile, pointless monstrosities.
Now Skoda have brought out their deformed version of the Kodiaq for the Chinese market, let's hope it is lost at sea before it hits our shores. They also nor have a VRs version of the Kodiaq with a £7k price hike over the ordinary one. I ask myself WHY?? If you want a sports car, buy a sports car. The larger engined Kodiaqs are fast enough for anybody who wants an SUV and with the lowered suspension of the vRs it will do nothing for it's so called off road ability. Only my opinions and I am sure I will get many gainsayers!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

kodiaq wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:18 am I'm with you FPR.!
I think both the Kodiaq and the Karoq are great looking cars. Being an old fashioned (old age!) sort of bloke I like SUVs and estate cars to look like what they were originally designed for, load lugging. That's why I had three Yetis.
The slopey back SUVs And 'Tourers' (as modern estate cars are called) are, IMHO, pointless and ugly. The enormous BMW slopey back SUV and Audi equivalent are vile, pointless monstrosities.
Now Skoda have brought out their deformed version of the Kodiaq for the Chinese market, let's hope it is lost at sea before it hits our shores. They also nor have a VRs version of the Kodiaq with a £7k price hike over the ordinary one. I ask myself WHY?? If you want a sports car, buy a sports car. The larger engined Kodiaqs are fast enough for anybody who wants an SUV and with the lowered suspension of the vRs it will do nothing for it's so called off road ability. Only my opinions and I am sure I will get many gainsayers!
like Chelsea tractors, only good for parking on the pavement
I'm Paul
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Official details now revealed:

Sitting in the growing city SUV segment, the ŠKODA KAMIQ perfectly combines the advantages of a sport utility vehicle – such as higher ground clearance and a comfortable seating position – with the agility of a compact car. With an emotive design, state-of-the-art assistance and infotainment systems, a generous amount of space and numerous Simply Clever features, the new KAMIQ equally fulfils the needs of both family- and lifestyle-oriented customers.

More here: https://www.kamiqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40

Kamiq_Virtual_cocpit_01.jpg

Kamiq_boot_02.jpg

D0APGxyX0AA2n_t.jpg

53525832_2568147649924003_5665472243254165504_o.jpg

53018057_2568147396590695_6943321723592769536_o.png

52977036_2568147753257326_3514980554778869760_o.jpg

52872353_2568147943257307_3548396731781611520_o.png

52717007_2568147726590662_4473553676845187072_o.jpg

6838.jpg

6831.jpg

6702.jpg

6620.jpg

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Interesting that Skoda seem to be going away from anything distinctive. Not happy with bland just-like-everyone-else styling they have now dispensed with the C shaped tail lights that they made so much fuss about in the past.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Some (quite a few) manufacturers are producing really fancy over styled SUVs that some people obviously find attractive...checkout Toyota for a start.
These seem to me to be great examples of Style over Function, Those sloping rooflines, narrow rear end etc just reduce available space which is the main benefit of an SUV.
VAG seem to value Function over fashion and style.Im quite happy with that as are lots of other customers when we look at sales figures.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

The trend for so-called 'Tourers' Is, IMHO, a pointless exercise.
Why have an 'Estate car' with a sloping rear end which only goes to reduce carrying capacity, which is surely the whole point of an estate car?
A Merc 'tourer' pulled up next to me yesterday the height from the top of the back bumper to the roof must have been about 2'6" feet WTF?
The only REAL estates left on the market that springs readily to mind (apart from Kodiaq, Karoq & Superb) are the Scooby Forester, followed by the V 60 Volvo, the rest are just jokes.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post