Park Pilot auto braking?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
2968mogul

Post by 2968mogul »

I'm a bit confused by this feature and I expect you clever lot out there can help me!

Having read the manual I think I understand that if you approach too close to a fixed object it will put the brakes on for you as a last resort. Is that correct?
Yes
I've just spent half an hour pushing my wheelie bin up the drive with the car hoping it would stop me before I hit it!

Maybe it only works at the back?
It should work back and front (As I have discovered!)

Have I turned off the auto braking feature somehow in my fiddling? Or does it have to be switched on specifically?
It should work all the time
It does lots of beeping at different rates and the image shows me what's happening but no emergency braking.
If the diagram is showing and system warns you with beeps. then it should work.
As an aside I find the manual difficult to understand. It has so many caveats that you don't know wich feature actually applies to your model. I suppose they try to make one manual fit all! got it one!. Most manufacturers do this and Skoda manuals are infamous for being somewhat difficult.
Hope this helps, if not give your dealer a call.
regards,
Colin Lambert
Mod./color]

Thanks for your help
Peter
Karog 1.5TSi SEL DSG Quartz grey

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I'm not sure what (if anything) you have done but I know it works on my car as it was driving me nuts a few nights ago when I wanted to get into a small space. The car kept slamming the anchors on before I really needed to stop and so made the effective parking space a couple of feet shorter than it really was and the whole parking manoeuvre was harder as a consequence (and of course, I looked a total numpty which absolutely no smooth control over the car).

Have fun,

Ian
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
2968mogul

Post by 2968mogul »

Thanks Ian.
At least i can now investigate now i know it's supposed to do it!
Thanks
Karog 1.5TSi SEL DSG Quartz grey
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

KamGrard,
Your query as nothing to do with Park Pilot and Auto braking.
Some of your posts are strange. You have posted as Adrian flux insurance on August 11th. Adrian Flux has been advised.
I have sent you a PM. Please reply today and explain. If I do not receive your reply today (U.K. time!) I will ban you as suspected SPAM.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

KamGrard,
More information has been received regarding your posts. You are now Banned as suspected Spam Bot.

If any members see any further posts from KamGrard, before I do, please advise me by PM, urgently.
Thanks.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)