Unable to open fuel filler flap

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Babsie,
Were you on the Yeti forum?
They were so rude about the Karoq, it would be good if you are a member (I still am) If you said how much you love it , just to wind them up. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

kodiaq wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:53 pm Babsie,
Were you on the Yeti forum?
They were so rude about the Karoq, it would be good if you are a member (I still am) If you said how much you love it , just to wind them up. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
There are a number of former Yei owners here who were on the Yetiownerclib forum. There is a section there for "I sold my Yeti and bought a..." to tell them about your replacement. It's a good place to start if you want to tell them how much better the Karoq is than the Yeti...

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Same here, have to push it hard to get it to open, same with the flap on top of the dash ( storage compartment ) my only negatives with the car really.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
DJA

Post by DJA »

I too am having major problem with opening the fuel flap.
It is becoming so frustrating it has been happening for the last three months since we got the karoq.
I phoned Skoda today they called me to phone service department on Monday morning. This is no good when you are fifty miles away from home with empty tank 😂🤣
Eventually it opened after twenty minutes of trying.
One strange thing happened is while trying to click on the open button on the key, the 4 windows opened on their own at once !
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

If you click and hold the open or close buttons on the fob the windows WILL open or close!!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
2968mogul

Post by 2968mogul »

I have found a different problem re the filler flap. If the car is frozen up you can't open the flap to access the scraper!! :D :D

I may have to resort to keeping it in my house...... (the scraper, not the car....)
Karog 1.5TSi SEL DSG Quartz grey
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

2968mogul wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:57 pm I may have to resort to keeping it in my house...... (the scraper, not the car....)
Of course, if you keep the scraper in the car you won't need to de-ice the car... ;)

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
nrichardson14

Post by nrichardson14 »

Yes, me too! Actually my cars in the garage for something else this week and I have asked for this to be checked at the same time.

When I've been prodding it I found that on the top, above the bend in bodywork helps. It's been worse lately so I wonder if it's a cold weather thing, where there plastic doesnt flex so much?
Loubaruch

Post by Loubaruch »

My first fill of petrol and the filler flap remained unmovable.

Gave it a sharp tap in the centre and as said above it pops open.
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Seems to be that you have to push exactly the right area to open it. Directly over the latch.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post