1.6 TDI

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Thomas2019

Post by Thomas2019 »

Hi,

Does 1.6 TDI have enough power for karoq?
Do You prefer Diesel or petrol for Karoq?

Thank You
Shine

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Give the current attitude of governments, Town Councils and the buying public I would not touch ANY diesel with a barge pole!
Diesel sales are currently 28% down over this time last year and dropping. Many manufacturers have dropped or plan to drop ALL derv cars from their range. Residuals on diesels are getting worse and worse.
Also given the exorbitant price of derv and the far better consumption of modern petrol engines there is really is very little argument to buy an 'oil burner' unless you need to tow something pretty heavy.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Thegardener

Post by Thegardener »

Agree with all that Kodiaq has said. I’d go for petrol. I have the 1.0 SE Nav Plus and have been very pleased with it so far. Has more power than I need (but I am no boy racer), is smooth, spacious and comfortable. If you need more power you would need to get a 1.5 petrol but according to hundreds of posts on this and other forums that engine is troublesome at the moment and awaiting a “fix” from Skoda/VW.
Karoq 1.0 SE Nav Plus - Business Grey - spare wheel - Nextbase Dash Cam
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Thegardener wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:33 pm Agree with all that Kodiaq has said. I’d go for petrol. I have the 1.0 SE Nav Plus and have been very pleased with it so far. Has more power than I need (but I am no boy racer), is smooth, spacious and comfortable. If you need more power you would need to get a 1.5 petrol but according to hundreds of posts on this and other forums that engine is troublesome at the moment and awaiting a “fix” from Skoda/VW.
The 1.5tsi with dsg hasn't the same problem as the manual. It's a non issue to be fair
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Some 1.5 DSG KODIAQ owners would disagree with Ford Pop, I'm afraid. See here.....https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopi ... =11&t=2252
The problem seems to be spreading rapidly with DSGs now suffering as well.
Luckily my Karoq is fine having 'recovered' from a very mild case of 'Kanga'.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Bob Spence

Post by Bob Spence »

I have had my 1.6 TDI since 1 Nov 18 and delighted with it. No it is not quick. Yes it is smooth and quiet. I am retired and hence never in a hurry to get anywhere but this engine suits me fine. Average mpg over 2000mls so far is 55mpg. Motorway cruising is effortless and quiet. It is slightly underpowered around town but "sport" improves throttle response with little effect on mpg.
Granted mine is a personal 2yr lease so deisel issues are irrelevant to me however I might consider the 1.0 SEL next time given its excellent reviews.