rattle sounds and road noises

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Thomas2019

Post by Thomas2019 »

Hi,

Has anybody experienced any rattling sound from your Karoq?
I saw lots comment about rattling sound from same family Seat Ateca.

How about road noises coming inside while driving on motorways?

Thank You

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I have had loads of rattles in mine but they have all proved to be my fault when I investigated. They have ranged from loose items in door pockets or the glove box to rear seatbelt clips not parked properly. (I also get an occasional whine from the front left of the car, but that only seems to happen when my wife is with me 😄)

As for road noise, it is well controlled and has not become intrusive at any speed. I did notice some wind noise around the A-pillars but a set of wind reflectors fixed that as well as allowing me to leave the windows open a bit when parked.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

I find road noise louder than I would like. I put this down to the Bridgestone Turanzas which were also loud on a BMW X1 I test drove.

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

A droning noise on the motorway, but can't complain my last vehicle I could hear the engine noise over everything else that may have been there.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I find the Karoq very quiet and well sound insulated. (I have Michelin Tyres)
I can't hear the engine from inside the car but outside it is actually quite noisy, far more so than the 1.4 in my Kodiaq!
I went with SWMBO to the IMO car wash the other day in her JAZZ. We had to shout at each other to be heard as we went through, whereas in the Karoq we can talk in normal voices.
Obviously Sound insulation is not top of Hondas list!!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Very happy with the refinement of my Karoq. No rattles and nicely muted on motorway too. Much better than my Qashqai which is on the drive awaiting disposal.
The more I drive the Karoq the more I like it.
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Noticing a very slight rattle from the overhead control unit where interior light controls and sunroof controls are. Putting this down to cold weather at the moment and slight shrinking of materials. Other one I noticed was rear headrests rattling in middle extension but not in full extension. Still very content overall though
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
WH1234567890

Post by WH1234567890 »

Had my Karoq since August and love it. However there is a very annoying clunking sound from the rear of the car when I hit certain bumps, road repairs or even cats eyes. I’ve had the seats and the spare wheel out and it’s still happening. I’d love to know what it is as it’s making a very nice car sound like a van while being driven. Anybody know what it might be. Thanks.
caravancrazy

Post by caravancrazy »

Have seen a post on here some time ago & this person discovered the washer tubing was rattling about the back somewhere in or near the tailgate & they covered the tubing in foam & taped it all up I wondered could the tubing be making so much noise
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I have changed wheels & tyres to 16" with Bridgestone 'All Seasons' and it now has a distinctive tyre 'growl'. Not unpleasant nor too intrusive.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)