Another question ....navigation

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Loubaruch

Post by Loubaruch »

Thanks Ian,

The road speed limits always appear on the screen so that is quite useful.

I should have specified the traffic option up front.

Cheers
Paul

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Ford pop racer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:22 pm With all these features it seems it would be very easy to drive without due care and attention. We must all have at one time or another driven a route we know well and not remember passing certain parts of it, I know I have. I use the cruise control much of the time to keep within the speed limit. But still pay attention to what's around me.
Too true. Especially if you have found the "traffic jam mode" in which the car follows the car in front and will manage steering, acceleration and braking for you. It would be very easy to go to sleep when the car is doing all the work...

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Is that optional or standard, not that I want to try that.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Ford pop racer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:13 pm Is that optional or standard, not that I want to try that.
I assume you are asking about the traffic jam mode? It is automatically included if you have a DSG box, lane guidance warnings and adaptive cruise control. All three systems work together to provide the traffic jam mode. I only discovered it after i had owned my car for a month or so after it was mentioned in a review I read.

Have fun,

Ian.

PS It was quite fun trying it at 70 mph on a free-flowing motorway (I did not dare take my hands far off the wheel). After a few seconds the car pinged and a message requesting me to "take over the steering" appeared but the system continued to work.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I have driven it no hands on the motorway and yes it steers between the lines, but this traffic jam thing I hadn't heard about.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul