Another question ....navigation

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

When I set the sat nav for a destination it gives me three options, green, red and orange, the handbook doesn't say what they are. Green seems to be the scenic route but I have no idea really what they are. I haven't able to see the electronic manual let alone download it.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul

mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

I believe green is scenic, red is fastest and orange Is possibly a mix of the two or economical
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Thanks
I'm Paul
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

From the Manual...
Green.......calculate most economical route with shortest driving time and shortest distance driven.
Red...........calculate fastest route to destimation even if a detour is necessary.
Orange....calculate shortest route to destimation even if longer driving time is required.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Breezy wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:38 pm From the Manual...
Green.......calculate most economical route with shortest driving time and shortest distance driven.
Red...........calculate fastest route to destimation even if a detour is necessary.
Orange....calculate shortest route to destimation even if longer driving time is required.
Thanks, is that from the electronic manual
I'm Paul
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Ford pop racer wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:20 pm When I set the sat nav for a destination it gives me three options, green, red and orange, the handbook doesn't say what they are. Green seems to be the scenic route but I have no idea really what they are. I haven't able to see the electronic manual let alone download it.
The route options are detailed in the printed and electronic manuals as follows:

The electronic manual can be found here.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Thanks Ian, didn't notice that in the handbook before, too much in there and not always clear.
Couldn't get the manual to load before. Just as confusing as the handbook and takes longer to scroll down than find the page in the handbook. Think I'll just drive the car.
I'm Paul
Loubaruch

Post by Loubaruch »

With my old Garmin the speed warning was a useful feature that beeped if you exceeded the roads speed limit.

The Admundsun system although having numerous confusing options appears to omit this very useful feature. Is there any way of including it.?
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Loubaruch wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 am With my old Garmin the speed warning was a useful feature that beeped if you exceeded the roads speed limit.

The Admundsun system although having numerous confusing options appears to omit this very useful feature. Is there any way of including it.?
Not in the GPS system. If you bought the "Traffic sign recognition" option when you specified the car you can display the last speed limit sign passed on the MFD and also have the option to set the car to "bing" at you if you exceed the posted limit by 3, 6, 9 or 12 miles per hour. The system is not perfect (sometimes it picks up speed limit signs on side roads) but it does provide a helpful extra guide if you think you may have missed a sign.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

With all these features it seems it would be very easy to drive without due care and attention. We must all have at one time or another driven a route we know well and not remember passing certain parts of it, I know I have. I use the cruise control much of the time to keep within the speed limit. But still pay attention to what's around me.
I'm Paul