KESSY

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Do you get any messages between the Rev counter and speedo, I haven't had that problem but once I used the keyfob and then I had to reset in the touchscreen because it didn't unlock all the doors when I opened the drivers door.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hi Paul.Will check to see if there is any message on the screen in the morning.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Fear not! I expect you do what others (including myself) have done.
DO NOT........ put your fingers INSIDE the handle when touching the lock pad. If you do this confuses the car . Mine nearly had a nervous breakdown.
It was clicking furiously.
I could almost image the car saying "Come on, make you flipping mind up..what do you want ..lock or unlock?????"

Rather than using your thumb to lock it (if you do ) try using your middle finger to lock it, that should remind you NOT to put your fingers INSIDE the handle.
If I'm wrong let me know.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Problem sorted....user error.
Seems I was touching more of the handle than just the sensor which is much more sensitive than the keyless lock on my previous car (Qashqai). 😊 Thankyou Kodiak!
Privyet

Post by Privyet »

A new member here. (Should have been driving round in my new Karoq but dealer having a problem getting the electric operated tow bar to connect to the ECU.)

One problem with KESSY might be if the key is put in a bag with RFID prevention. (Or if you have put your key in your metal sandwich box). If the bag is then left in the car and you lock the car in the usual way by touching the driver's door handle. Hopefully the car will sense that you don't have the key on you. Has anyone tried this? You should be OK if you have ready access to the second key. I'd be very interested to know as I use RFID prevention extensively and have been known to lock my bag in the car....
Loubaruch

Post by Loubaruch »

I have just purchased an 1.5 TSI SEL and am slowly discovering its features.

One thing threw me completely. The Kessy system works as expected on the drivers door, it will unlock, lock and can be turned off by touching during the locking sequence. The boot lid however always appeared to be unlocked. After locking with the remote fob all doors locked as expected, mirrors folded in etc. but if I tried the boot it always opened without any input from the remote fob. It took me a while to realise that provided the remote keypad was in my pocket the boot-lid could always be opened even after apparently being locked. Placing the remote key at a distance cured the problem So does Kessy also work on the boot lid lock? I could not see anything about it in the manual. Selecting "one door" or " all Doors" in the "Car" menu did not seem to have any effect.
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

As I understand it, this is a common feature on VAG cars - meaning you can open the boot without unlocking the whole car. You can unlock with the 'handle' on the boot if the keys are close enough, or open by pressing the key fob button. Once the boot is closed again, it does lock (normally the indicators will flash I think). Without the keys in proximity, the boot will not be able to be opened. Hope this helps...
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Loubaruch

Post by Loubaruch »

Thanks Mikaroq,
As the key fob cannot be locked in the boot ( the boot lid remains unlatched) I assume that having the fob close to the boot will have the same effect. These new fangled features take a bit of getting used to after my 6 year old Octavia.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Loubaruch wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:28 am Thanks Mikaroq,
As the key fob cannot be locked in the boot ( the boot lid remains unlatched) I assume that having the fob close to the boot will have the same effect. These new fangled features take a bit of getting used to after my 6 year old Octavia.
If you have the key in your pocket you can open and close the boot and it will relock. If yre key is in a bag you can open the boot, put the bag inside and when you close the boot it will not lock (thankfully, I have done this a couple of times by accident). Likewise, if you leave the key in the little recess in the centre console when you get out, you cannot lock the car.

I dread the day it goes wrong...

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
PHOENIXDSG

Post by PHOENIXDSG »

I'm brand new here with my Brand New Karoq and found my boot open a couple of times (Luckily it has not been raining, and I live in a good area). Not sure if keyfob in my pocket whilst sitting in the house can open it OR the cat walking under the rear bumper might activate the opening. Any views?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post