Have I made the right decision?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
granty09

Post by granty09 »

Purchased a Karoq SE L 1.5tsi DSG at the end of December due for delivery in March, and am just after some genuine feedback on whether people like there's. I see loads of people say 'not like the yeti, not a nice car, wouldn't own one, should bring out another yeti'...... Etc etc

We're a young family with our first child, it's our first skoda and our first SUV. The wife has a new fiesta and I'm replacing a 3 Dr vauxhall corsa, surely it's an upgrade on that haha.

I know people have different opinions and that people like to be really pinickity when talking about cars but it'd just be good to hear / see some really honest opinions.

Thanks in advance!

FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

I don't think you've made the wrong decision...………..I too am waiting on my Karoq delivery.
Whilst I always liked the look of the Yeti and was quite determined to have one about 8 years ago it didn't quite live up to my expectations in the showroom, so much so in fact I never even bothered with a test drive.
Now the Karoq on the other hand, I was won over in the showroom, it felt just right and the subsequent test drive just reinforced that opinion.
I don't know what or where you've been reading but my experience is that most if not all Karoq owners are more than happy so I recommend you banish those remorseful thoughts and, like me, look forward to your delivery day. (insert smiley face here)
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

After the emissions fix I was determined never to buy another VW Group car. On the Friday before Christmas my 9yo diesel Yeti was in for its MoT. While waiting we took a test drive in a 1.5 SE L DSG. They had one on the showroom floor exactly the same spec, pre-reg with 60 miles on the clock. I bought it. We picked it up two days later, Christmas Eve. It has enough tech to confuse my three score years an ten, is easy to drive.

I have done under 600 miles so far so am still in the honeymoon period.

My thoughts so far. We had the varioflex seats on my Yeti and wouldn’t be without them. They are the best thing since sliced bread. I was sceptical about Kessy, but it can be disabled on locking, so no problem. The car drives well. This is our first automatic and no problem getting used to it. I keep cars a long time so you will need to ask again in a few years. Now its so far so good.

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Before the Karoq I had a Yeti. I left a comparative report on the Yeti Owners club website here.

the short version is that I loved my Yeti and still have not developed the same affinity for the Karoq; it simply does not have the slightly quirky personality that always put a smile on my face when I drove the Yeti. However, on any objective measure, the Karoq is undoubtedly a better car, just a little bit bland. I think you will be pleased with your choice once you get it.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
granty09

Post by granty09 »

Thanks all, I am looking forward to getting the car and I suppose its like everything, some people will like it, others won't. Appreciate it everyone!
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Milfmog wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:38 pm Before the Karoq I had a Yeti. I left a comparative report on the Yeti Owners club website here.

the short version is that I loved my Yeti and still have not developed the same affinity for the Karoq; it simply does not have the slightly quirky personality that always put a smile on my face when I drove the Yeti. However, on any objective measure, the Karoq is undoubtedly a better car, just a little bit bland. I think you will be pleased with your choice once you get it.
Have fun,
Ian.
+1
My sentiments as well.
Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
Hatter

Post by Hatter »

I’ve got the 1.5 SEL DSG and love it, I’ve got a young granddaughter and have no problem fitting the pushchair and bags into the boot. Plenty of room in the car to fit the car seat and passengers in the rear.

Hope this helps you out...
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

After a Fabia three Yetis and a Kodiaq. The Karoq is ,without doubt the best of the lot.
You have certainly chosen well.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
jimmer69

Post by jimmer69 »

After 11 months of Karoqness, It gets more bland (IMO) as every day passes......
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

jimmer69 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:30 am After 11 months of Karoqness, It gets more bland (IMO) as every day passes......
could you expand on that.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul