Tyre pressure monitor

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
NickW

Post by NickW »

I recently pumped up all my tyre pressures on my 2.0 SEL 4x4 and then pressed the menu button to set the tyre pressure monitor.

But I didn’t seem to get any acknowledgement that it had saved the setting, or that it is now checking that the pressures don’t change.

Does anyone know how this feature works please and if I should expect an indication that it’s remembered the set value? The dust caps are just the normal plastic jobs and don’t look like they have any part to play in this, so I’m intrigued to know it works. Or do I need to have special dust caps for it to work?

Thanks in anticipation.

Nick
Nick W
Karoq 2.0 Diesel SEL 4x4 manual
Northumberland

FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

I seem to think it simply checks each wheel (using the ABS sensors) against the others and if one is different it shows up on the dash as being suspect.
The system doesn't know the pressures.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

It works by measuring the differentiation of the rolling radius of each wheel. If one has a leak (puncture) the tyre 'shrinks' and the RR decreases. and sets off the alarm, because the affected wheel does not have the same RR as the other 3.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

The Yeti had the same system and it was very effective when I had a slow puncture that I did not fix for several months, generally alarming when the pressure dropped about 2psi. However, when I was forced into a pothole by oncoming traffic, leaving a 2 inch diameter hole in my sidewall (deflation does not get much more instant than that!) the tyre pressure monitor did not alarm despite the tyre being completely flat. Wierd.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

NickW wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 pm But I didn’t seem to get any acknowledgement that it had saved the setting
Did this at the weekend as part of routine. Go to vehicle menu, then tyre pressure monitoring. Press set, then get a pop up asking me to confirm correct, then a brief notification appears at the top of the screen stating tyre pressures set - this only stays on the screen briefly though
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
NickW

Post by NickW »

Thanks for your responses. Wow how clever is that. I’ll try to save the settings again as Im not convinced it did save it and Ill watch for the confirmation this time. Thanks again. Nick
Nick W
Karoq 2.0 Diesel SEL 4x4 manual
Northumberland

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post