Karoq Connectivity?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
dafydd

Post by dafydd »

Hi Just took delivery of my Karoq, and trying to get my elderly head around the skoda connect system / setup. Am I right in thinking that one can connect by iphone using a wlan connection, and this will work fine whilst the phone is in the car. However i'd need something like a dongle to connect without my phone?
cheers
Dafydd
2019 karoq 1.5 DSG Auto SE L , petrol, moon white, power boot. South West UK

Bob Spence

Post by Bob Spence »

My experience of connect using iPhone not positive. Takes ages to connect using iPhone hotspot which will not stay connected and needs to be manually re connected every time. Once connected downloads are painfully slow and, in my opinion what you get as a result is simply not worth the bother.
If you must have connect services suggest a mi fi dongle which will give you permanent wi fi hotspot in car.
Personally I use Apple car play which is a brilliant system and gives you access to Google and Waze mapping as well as voice messaging and Spotify music.
Cristaki

Post by Cristaki »

I’m having major issues with Connect. Hit an miss connection with the phone. I have purchased a carstick expecting that to sort it out (£123) and this has failed. I raised a call with Skoda and they have referred me to a local dealer. When I launch the app on my phone it tells me I need to upgrade to use the lock/unlock function and the fuel level is not getting updated. Extremely frustrating.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I used Android So can pass no comment re i-phones,
BUT.
You may like to see comments re Skoda Connect on Kodiaq forum.
https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopi ... =11&t=2357
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post