Recall on 1.0 manual Karoq

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Following thread on 'other' Karoq web site discussing a recall in Germany for a handbrake issue I put my VIN into the DVLA checker and the flag a recall effective 5th December and to contact dealership. The German recall notes that on some manual 1.0L Karoq and Ateca models the brake may self release. So leave in gear and contact dealers.
Grumpy. Karoq 1.0L SE in Business Grey previous Yeti owner

Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

All well and good this clever dick tech until it doesn't work.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Booked in for later this month - looks like I'm first one for the dealer.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Car done this morning.

Usual excellent service from Henry's in Glasgow - had it back by 10.30 all washed and cleaned too.

Only difference I've noticed is you now have to touch the accelerator to get the brake releasing - I'll need to relearn starting from driveway as previously just lifted clutch.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I assume you have the the paddle behind the gear stick that you push down for off and up for on. Even though I have dsg, if I stop on a hill or slope uphill I will put the handbrake on and then push to release when I'm ready to move. I find it jerks forward if left to switch off handbrake on its own. Doesn't release without power applied, can't be good for longevity. I've been yanking up handbrake levers for close to forty years so no hardship to push a little paddle down. I need to do something for when I drive my 1957 ford popular with little of anything
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Agree on 'manual' option but the system did work particularly well before the mod - it's now ok but not so smooth. I do manually disengage if reversing as the auto release does hold too long here now.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post