Kangaroo movements in first gear. Solution. see page 2.

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Well Meadens don't have anything along these lines as far as I am aware. Which, I assume, is why they said it was 'coming'.
So as usual we don't know what is going on with SUK.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I occasionally get a bit of jerkyness ( is that a word ) when cold with dsg box but not much of an issue. Just give it some beans and stop worrying about the fuel consumption. I'm totally ignoring eco and run it in normal with sport for quicker get aways
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

You have you described it perfectly and the solution. Quick squirt on the accelerator sorts out the problem.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
jandj

Post by jandj »

I have Karoq 1.5 Tsi in manual for around two weeks now and it kangaroos badly. I've been back to my dealer today to run the diagnostic on that. They came back with printed sheet of paper from the diagnostic pod that says that VW AG are working on solution that should be ready 2nd quarter of 2019. So hang on there folks. The more people reports it the better!
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao65DGTQlT4ojkfNC76oVyK8MhgI
jeremygist

Post by jeremygist »

My Karoq SEL 1.5 TSI manual suffers from the same problem, my dealers acknowledge the problem and have today advised me that " TPI 2050744/6 relating to complaint. no fix as yet factory are working on solution" The dealers were very good and made no effort to fob me off in any way, I just hope that VAG pull out all the stops and resolve the issue quickly as it blights an otherwise great vehicle.
Jezza3434

Post by Jezza3434 »

I've had my 1.5 TSI manual Skoda Karoq for a week. I love the design/drive except for the fact I keep 'stalling' at junctions and kangaroo hopping until I get up to about 20mph. Initial I though it was my driving position, but I am glad I found this forum.

I frequently have to pull away from very busy junctions. Several times now I have gone to pull away quickly, but the revs drop off and the car stops moving. Scary when an HGV is coming at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is DANGEROUS and need fixing before I get killed. I now need to massively over rev the engine and slip the clutch to ensure I avoid the dead zone – this time of year this leads to the traction control kicking on as I screech off the line with a rapidly wearing out clutch.

Lots of reports on VW & Seat forums about the 1.5 TSI & the same issue.
jandj

Post by jandj »

Report your car to the DVSA through the gov.uk website. https://forms.dvsa.gov.uk/Vsdr/Create
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

jandj wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:55 am Report your car to the DVSA through the gov.uk website. https://forms.dvsa.gov.uk/Vsdr/Create
Why would someone report their car to the dvsa
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

So there is a build up of info on people who believe their Karoq is dangerous perhaps.
If you do fill that form in I would be wary about driving the car afterwards because should the issue really be damgerous and should it lead to an accident at a junction or roundabout, you have effectively knowingly driven a car in a dangerous condition which would immediately affect your insurance and potentially any criminal proceedings resulting form the accident.
Kifir

Post by Kifir »

Hi.
I have a Skoda Octavia 1.5 with the same problem regardless of engine temperature.
Now there is a mileage of 4050km. I'm tired of the kangaroo!
Dealer, representative office, Skoda info - they all just make promises. This may last forever until we lose the warranty.

I decided to try to integrate people with the same problem together, perhaps this will give us the advantage and leverage.

Form to fill:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... w/viewform
Response database:

Perhaps this form will not gather a lot of people, but at least we need to try.