Back door seals

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Silverfox21

Post by Silverfox21 »

Hi, i
i have had my brand new Karoq for 8 weeks two of those weeks its been in for damage repair due to a someone backing into my parked car. When it was returned i decided to go away for a few days, the weather was wet once arrived i unloaded the car i noticed i had mud on my clothes upon inspection i noticed alot of dirt on the seal which is attached to Both back doors and on the inside of the wheel arches there is a lot.
All my cars have acumulated dirt in that area but never as much as this. Has anyone elses noticed the same or i am womdering if it is due to the damage done to my car. :?:

mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

I haven't, in fact would say it is one of the best I've had in this respect. I'd suspect the damage / repairs...
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
ChrisL

Post by ChrisL »

Hi,

Earlier today I noticed quite a bit of dirt on the inside of the back doors Adjacent to the rubber seal. Suspect this is a design fault with Karoq.

Hope that helps in some way.
Karoq SE L 1.5.
Silverfox21

Post by Silverfox21 »

Thanks really appreciate your coments I feel a little better knowing there is someone who has noticed the same. I was beginning to think the accident caused it. Its still not good having to watch your cloths getting in and out of the car.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Crud build up is 'normal' on these back door seals. They are better than the Yeti ones but it is annoying. The metal work is at least protected on the Karoq better that the Yeti door where the muck was trapped on the seem for the wrap around for the stomne protection 'foil'.
Grumpy. Karoq 1.0L SE in Business Grey previous Yeti owner
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

This sort of dirt build-up is not unusual; my yeti used to do it too.

At least the door sills do not seem to get as dirty as the yeti; I don't find mud on my trouser legs every time I get in or out of the car.

Have fun,

Ian.

Door mess.JPG

Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Silverfox21

Post by Silverfox21 »

Thanks milfmog, the picture explains its a normal. Appreciate it mate.
disappointed

Post by disappointed »

My Karoq suffers with the crud build up on the back door seals. Which must be a design fault, I have had about thirty different cars over the years and never had this problem.
Guyboy

Post by Guyboy »

HI all

Yes, same thing used to happen on my YETI so I carry one of those large plastic fence painting brushes in the rear door pocket. Use it periodically to remove any muck that has accumulated in that area - gritty mud used to wear away the paint on the doors in the YETI once it had worked its way to the rear of the foils. It's a design fault that should have been addressed in the Karoq. Having said that I love my new Karoq 1.0 TSI SE - much better than the YETI 1.2 on many levels and I thought the YETI was good.

Anyway the brush is a cheap, if not perfect, fix.

TTFN
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

The seal is there to seal. If the crud gets past it then you have a problem!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)