Winter tyres and steel wheels

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Karoqofgold

Post by Karoqofgold »

Living near hills in the north I can lose traction with standard tyres even with 4x4. I thought I would treat myself to a set of steel wheels and winter tyres. My Edition has 19" alloys so I thought 16" or 17" steel wheels would be good. However struggling to find any in my local tyre outfit or online. Can anyone help?

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Try mytyres.co.uk they were excellent when I needed a set of winter wheels and tyres for my son's Golf and I know that a fair number fo the Yeti owners club members have used them and reported good things.

My winter tyre of choice was actually the "All seasons" Michelin Cross Climate as we don't get enough snow to justify full snow tyres in sunny Buckinghamshire. Please try to ensure that you get wheels and tyres in one of the sizes that is type approved for the car, there is no sense in giving an insurance company an excuse to invalidate your insurance.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Karoqofgold

Post by Karoqofgold »

Been on their website but wasn't sure, as they only recommend 16" wheels for my car, but now I'll phone them tomorrow to check the best combination. Thanks.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Bear in mind that if you go down in rim size so dramatically you MUST go UP in tyre ratio to equate the overall rolling radius, otherwise your speedo may well be illegal.
You MUST also inform your insurance company as they consider even a change of wheels as a modification and may well not pay out in the event of a claim if you don't advise them. I suggest in writing with a copy and sent 'signed for'
They will use any trick in the book to avoid a payout.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
Hopefully you want have any problems but if you do find you have any issues with winter wheels and tyres then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Pointedarrow

Post by Pointedarrow »

I am struggling to find winter tyres in a 215 50 18 fitment. Has anyone found a solution?
Lineman

Post by Lineman »

"I am struggling to find winter tyres in a 215 50 18 fitment."

I noticed that mytyres.co.uk advertise winter tyres in that fitment.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post