Mpg

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I've probably done 300 miles in mine so far, had 1800 on the clock when I bought it. My fiat scudo combi 1.6 mpi 90ps diesel turbo was markedly better on fuel than the Karoq so far, but then maybe it should be as it was far less sprightly, maybe part of the reason for that was it was always loaded up with work tools.
I've not had the display on fuel consumption as its not a priority, but at some point a screen shows average consumption I think on a journey, has been 35 at best.
Eco seems pointless as it drives like someone put something under the pedal, I've taken to having it set to sport, pulling back on the gearshift and driving in normal, then pull back for sport if I want to get away faster for whatever reason. But still not exceeded 3000rpm for now. Have to say I absolutely love the car.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul

Bob Spence

Post by Bob Spence »

Just done 320 ml motorway trip to sons in my 1.6 TDI SEL in normal mode. 57mpg cruising at 65-75mph . Car only week old so expect this to improve. My previous Sportage 1.7 TDI only managed 48mpg on same journey.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Can someone explain how to get the screen with fuel consumption, can't find it in the handbook. When I switch off I get a summary of fuel consumption and average speed etc. Many years ago I had a Chrysler voyager that showed fuel consumption in real time and range left
I'm Paul
Bob Spence

Post by Bob Spence »

Select car from buttons on side of screen
Options then appear one of which gives instant/long term/since refuel averages for MPG in real time. These can be left on display if you wish. Same options also available in your small info screen by scrolling through options. Screen also shows range available average speed etc. Data only displayed if ignition on or engine running
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Thanks, I think my screen may be different to yours as I don't have buttons on the side, I guess it will be menu, vehicle etc. I'll have a look tomorrow
I'm Paul
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Ford pop racer wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:53 pm Thanks, I think my screen may be different to yours as I don't have buttons on the side, I guess it will be menu, vehicle etc. I'll have a look tomorrow
Use the right hand scroll wheel on the steering wheel to run through the various options available to display. This includes fuel consumption etc and what is displayed can be configured on the Columbus infotainment
Cheers
Mike
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Thanks Mike, I'll give it a whirl
I'm Paul
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

What a faff around just to see how much range is left. I doubt I'll bother with that.
I do get a summary of the latest journey and the last two very different journeys, one mostly motorway and the other a roads and country lanes both gave an average of 40mpg.
I'm Paul
Privyet

Post by Privyet »

I find it hard to believe the ecu generated fuel consumption figures. How does the car system measure the exact amount of fuel used and the precise distance covered? Even keeping a paper record and inputting fuel and mileometer readings into something like the Fuelly app. doesn't take into account inaccuracies in the mileometer. Even so, that must be more accurate than the guestimate shown on the multi-function display which presumably has all sorts of variables in how that amount of fuel is measured. Some threads here and on other forums point out a fairly consistent error that they notice between their 'Fuelly' figures based on a true record of amount of fuel put in and the mileage covered, compared to their MFT display of fuel consumption where the latter gives a more optimistic figure.
I would be interested to see if there is any difference between one Karoq model and another, even if only petrol to diesel engines, when comparing true mpg to the MFT estimated mpg.

My Yeti 1.2TSI DSG managed just over 38 mpg over approx 20000 miles. I am hoping my new Karoq 1.5TSI DSG will be close to that. Preferably better!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

The car's display of MPG will lie to you. My Yeti averaged just over 8% better according to the figures on the display compared to the recorded mileage and how much fuel I put in. I'm afraid that this may be more of a marketing thing than a feature to tell the driver anything useful and, as such, it will suffer from the usual VAG honesty...

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670