Finally taken the plunge!

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Thegardener

Post by Thegardener »

Although I have been very happy with my Yeti it is now approaching 3yrs old and will be due an MOT and the first service I will have to pay for. This coupled with the fact that it will soon need at least 2 new tyres has led to me ordering a Karoq.
Have gone for a 1.0 SE Nav Plus in Business Grey (same colour as my Yeti). Was a little doubtful that the small engine would be powerful enough but a lengthy test drive with 4 adults on board convinced me that it was more than sufficient for my needs - very rarely more than 2 adults in car. Only other concern is that this model does not have varioflex seats but as I never made full use of them in the Yeti I hope to manage with “normal” seats.
It seems to have a lot more toys than the Yeti so will need to do a bit of swotting up on the manual before it arrives.
Hope to take delivery in 4 - 5 weeks and will get back to you with first impressions once I have done a few miles.
Karoq 1.0 SE Nav Plus - Business Grey - spare wheel - Nextbase Dash Cam

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Congratulations.
I am chuffed to bits with my New toy. Much more sprightly than the 1.4 Kodiaq and that was no slouch.
having also had 3 Yetis.
I will be pleased to read how you compare the two when you get yours.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Welcome to the club, although I have to say Karoqs are getting a bit too popular :lol: Saw 4 just sat outside son's school yesterday morning and I wasn't even in ours, then on the motorway home I saw a different one :roll:
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Thegardener

Post by Thegardener »

Picked the car up yesterday, less than 4 weeks after ordering.
Have only driven about 50 miles so far but it has been very comfortable, smooth and easy to drive with loads of room.
Doesn’t stand out from the crowd like the Yeti but seems handle just as well so no regrets on changing at the moment.
47.7 mpg on the first day isn’t bad for a brand new engine.
Lots of goodies that the Yeti didn’t have so will take a while for me to really get used to it.
Karoq 1.0 SE Nav Plus - Business Grey - spare wheel - Nextbase Dash Cam
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

One of the things that impresses me the most is the comfort plus I'm already in love with heated seats/steering. So handy on a cold morning. Happy motoring.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

PDriver40 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:32 pm One of the things that impresses me the most is the comfort plus I'm already in love with heated seats/steering. So handy on a cold morning. Happy motoring.
I'm enjoying the heated seats in mine, is a heated steering wheel a separate option
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Ford pop racer wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:48 pm I'm enjoying the heated seats in mine, is a heated steering wheel a separate option
Yes. The heated wheel is not standard at any trim level. It may be the best £150 I spent when I specified my car.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I bought my car 6 months old so had no choice on options but it does have most everything else. Gloves will be in order when the time comes.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul