reversing camera

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
shep52

Post by shep52 »

hi I have the 1.6 se dci, it does not have the reversing camera fitted anybody know if I bought an aftermarket boot lid camera is the car already wired for it and does the screen work without any modifications thx

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I can't be certain, but I would think almost without question, that the answer is NO to both I'm afraid.
Apart from the wiring and the screen, the OE camera is set in the tailgate handle and also has a washer jet that cleans the lens and operates in tandem with the rear screen wiper.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
shep52

Post by shep52 »

hi according to skoda build your car it give's an option to have a reversing camera fitted for £300 so surely it must have the wiring already in the loom any one know ????
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

My SEL already has a rear camera as standard . What model are you looking at ? I wouldn't go for the entry model unless your on a very tight budget . 😀

But do buy one, they are awesome cars 🙂 :D
Dombot232

Post by Dombot232 »

I have received an email from Skoda dealer saying they can retro fit a camera into Skoda Karoq. Will post details in a bit.
Previous car Volvo XC60, now have Karoq SEL 2.0, Dsg, virtual cockpit with leather pack