Engine noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Martin1199

Post by Martin1199 »

My car is 1.5 engine and is 1 month old. The engine from day one has had top end knock/heavy ticking on tick over.
It’s sounds like a big end knock.
When you take engine revs up to 1500 stationary and release it you get a loud ticking noise like a rattley timing chain then it stops and then it ticks over with the knocking noise. When engine is really hot after long run tick over noise is louder.

This only happens when warm and does not happen when cold

My main dealer stated that it is noiser than over 1.5 engines but the text department stated this is normal and a character of this engine. I just can’t beleave this is true my Octavia diesel with 80000 on the clock sounded quieter

Any advice

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Tell the dealer that if he cannot get it sorted you will reject the car. The dealer agrees it is not correct, so you need to get him onside when dealing with Skoda UK. The Honest John website has lots of advice on this sort of thing; a little research and reading should help you work the system to get the problem resolved.

Good luck,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Martin1199

Post by Martin1199 »

Well, it gets better it know has an oil leak on top of the engine and Skoda say that there are no parts available to fix. Its only an oil seal and they say there will not be any parts until mid-December. Also, the fuel flap does not open or close sometimes and a new one has been ordered but again no delivery time. The sat nav keeps playing up and the ACC is dangerous nearly causing an accident. Pretty poor show from Skoda.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Sounds like you have a real turkey on your hands :cry:

Is your dealer helping you (as opposed to just making sympathetic noises)? If not I'd have a conversation with them and include phrases such as "not of merchantable quality". it might be worth having a conversation with the local Trading Standards folks and CAB too. I assume that you have contacted Skoda UK yourself and tried to rattle their cage directly? have you purchased the car outright or financed it? If financed or leased you may be able to do something through the finance company.

Good luck.

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

Martin1199

Post by Martin1199 »

Hi Yes all your points apart from trading standards are in progress.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Sounds like you are doing all the right things. I guess all I can do is wish you luck. Please keep us up to speed with your progress, hopefully, nobody else will need to know how to solve this sort of issue but, unfortunately, every company occasionally makes an "unplanned special".

Good luck,

Ian.

Martin1199

Post by Martin1199 »

Well, we are know at an impasse with Skoda customer service dept. They can do no more as it is down to Skoda. All Skoda (the main company not dealer) is that they are looking into the issues and will let me know sometime. Still no date for replacement parts or to get the kangarooing sorted or sat nav. It all seems just to difficult and it seems to me that if Skoda thinks that it can keep fobbing me off I will go away. Well, they had better think again. The car is under finance with Skoda I am already in contact with them and I am hoping to give the car back with compensation. So we will wait and see.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

It may be worth detailing the issues in a note to Honest John and asking for advice. The website tends to publish stories like this and I am pretty sure that Skoda UK will not want that to happen. Maybe try composing the email to HJ and run it past Skoda UK "So they can confirm that it is accurate before you submit it" That way you generate some time pressure on SUK which may help things along. Just a thought...

It may also help to start making noises at the finance company (if you have not already done so).

You do seem to be having far more trouble with the car than anyone should have to put up with so hopefully a little well [placed pressure should get this resolved.

Good luck,

Ian.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post