Lovin' the frosty mornings

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

The last couple of mornings I have had ice on my windscreen when I took the dogs out around 6 AM. My wife thought I was mad when I looked pleased at that prospect; now she is jealous because she has seen how effective the electrically heated front screen is, enjoyed the warmth of the heated seats and then felt a nice toasty heated steering wheel. None of those was available on her Fabia.

It took five months to get to the point that I could use those extra heaters, but now the money spent on them really does feel like good value.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

Hi

Funny you should mention it but I too was excited to try out the heated seats (never had those before) and seeing how quickly the karoq would feel cosy and warm. I don't have the heated steering wheel :( or the windcreeen (boooo) . But can tell you the heated seats are very welcome and take the edge off until the car has warmed up which is pretty quick for a diesel compared to my a3 which took an age !

Rear screen and wing mirrors clear quickly!

I refuse to flick the heating on at home yet but at least I have a toasty commute to Brentwood!
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

I love the frosty mornings but my 1.5 DSG Karoq doesn’t.
On day two of ownership it was frosty. The engine fired up, put into drive and pushed down on the accelerator pedal... down.... down... to the floor..Nothing at all. The pedal went down twice and I didn’t get any revs until the third time I pressed the accelerator.
The car is now a month old and has performed pretty well until this morning when it was below zero. I had exactly the same problem as on day two, except it was worse. The power suddenly came on an “launched” me towards the moving traffic!
I’m waiting for Skoda Assist to come out as I refuse to drive it until it’s sorted.

P.S. I do love the heated steering wheel, heated windscreen and heated seats!
GeoffH
Karoq 1.5 TSi SEl DSG with Heated Screen, Heated Steering Wheel, ACC, Signpost Recognition, Lane Assist, Park Assist, Blind Spot Recognition.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I was disappointed to find mine doesn't have the heated front screen but I've never had a car that gets warm enough in a few minutes to defrost the screen until now.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul