Just joined this forum

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
tricky63

Post by tricky63 »

Hello everyone
So placed order for TDI SEL DSG about 5 weeks ago and have been told by dealer that Karoq production is on hold due to new emissions regulations! Phoned dealer to get some idea of the kind of delay this will have and was told everything has been pushed back to end of this year or early 2019.
I understand the new regulations are affecting other makes not just Skoda so even if i eventually decide to cancel my order (which i don't really want to do as i like the car) I may not get anything else any quicker?
Would be interested to know if other members are experiencing the same issue?

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Hi, and welcome to our little corner of cyberspace.

If you look to the thread titled "delivery delays" you will find that you are not alone but, as you say, many other marques are suffering similar delays because the new test protocol requires far more variants to be tested than the previous one. So, for instance, an SE-L that does not usually come with the panoramic roof would require certification testing before it can be offered as an option because it adds significant weight to the car and so can be expected to impact emissions. It is a pain but will probably all work itself out in time.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post