Waiting until 2018!

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
dion

Post by dion »

I never buy a new model car in its first year, because inevitably the following year model (June 2018 for the 2019 model) will have glitches sorted out and some features previously costed as extras will become standard or either not have been available at the outset . I speak from the experience of a number of new VAG car launches!
So, no urgency for purchase and I will bide my time and keep an eye out for changes - particularly an electric or hybrid version, as I certainly do not want a dirty diesel.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome along, I know sometimes early adopters can end up with a few issues but with this being largely based on platforms used elsewhere you would kind of hope any issues would be minimal.

Time will tell I guess!
dion

Post by dion »

One would hope so Rob, but the Karoq/Ateca/Tiguan range is still new. However, it is as much as for the reason of equipment level as glitches that I will be hanging fire. This from past experience of Golf and Leon purchases, significant equipment changes were made at the next model year and proved well worth the wait. I notice from the recent road tests that the new digital display, for instance, will not be available on the Karoq until mid 2018: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/karo ... 017-review

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post