Last of the Few?

The place to discuss everything else..
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Karoqs can no longer be ordered with pan roof probably due to WLTPT regs.

If anybody wants one Meadens of Brockenhurst have a 1.5 manual pre-reg with pan roof.
Meadens ŠKODA
Ask for Tom Sexton, Dealer Principal.
Address: Sway Road, Brockenhurst SO42 7SH
Phone: 01590 682212
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Not sure I'd put that down to WLTP rules. My dealer told me that they only ever sold one Yeti with a panoramic roof as a selected option (ie apart from L&K trim that included it as part of the specification). My guess would put it down to the commercial reality that the panoramic roof is simply not worth the price to the vast majority of buyers. Commercial reality is the only real driver in these situations; if buyers really wanted the panoramic roof they would accept the slightly poorer emissions figures.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

My quote came from 2 main Skoda dealers.
Karoq Edition came with a mandatory pan roof and was an extra on lesser models.
Any cars not meeting the new WLTP regs when they come intomeffect will not be allowed to be sold as new. they have to be pre-reg BEFORE said date and sold as secondhand.
http://wltpfacts.eu/

I cannot understand the refusal of orders on TSi's with pan roof either, seems an odd decision. The only reason I can think of is that they have loads of 'oily' engines to get rid of and are panicking due to the 28% downturn in DERV sales. A few , specially Asian manufacturers are not producing any diesel engined cars. Honda and Subaru for a start.
Pan rooves are fairly popular on the Kodiaq forum. I for one will always buy a car with a 'roof' if at all possible, Any car without will drop right down my wanted list.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

The WLTP rules are being blamed for all sorts of things at present. The reality is that any change to a vehicle specification that could impact on the emissions test results (the weight of a panoramic roof would certainly have an impact) needs to be specifically tested against the new WLTP specifications and the manufacturers simply did not have time to test every permutation before the deadline, so they tested the ones they expect to sell most of. Why would they do anything else?

If a majority of customers elected to buy the panoramic roof, that would have been the first configuration tested, after all, they would have been able to sell cars without the panoramic roof without further testing since removing it would improve the emissions from the car. However, the manufacturers chose not to go that way presumably because making their published figures worse than they need to be would (in their judgement) put off too many customers. Like virtually all decisions made by the car manufacturers, it was driven by sales figures (either real or expected).

If you have a panoramic roof and are pleased with it, that's great. However, they are very rare on cars other than the trim levels that include them as standard.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
TJJ

Post by TJJ »

Hi No sunroof is a good thing here in Australia. Many other brands of SUV were off my list as top spec models only come with the Sun roof. Even Skoda/VW group pan sunroofs are not suitable. They let about 30% of sun in with the curtain closed. For me and especially my wife we would want 100% block out and they just don't do that. In hot summers you will just cook. The pan Sunroof is only an option but with only the launch edition Karoq's here at first most were optioned with the sunroof. I had to hunt around to find one without it.

TJJ
Karoq 1.5 DSG Oz Launch Ed. Candy White 19"
My other car's a Yeti