Age Profile

The place to discuss everything else..
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

I'm fascinated with the profile of Karoq buyers on here. I'm Irish but most other folks on here seem to be in England. I have long believed that though we are neighbours, our car preferences can vary wildly. I see that the most common choice on here is the DSG gearbox and I'm wondering why ? . Is it an age thing ? .By that I mean that I believe most people on here are over 40 so we no longer have any interest in low down,souped up hot hatches but prefer practicality instead. Without giving specifics away would people on here help with a little straw poll . Under 40 or over 40. BTW I'm over 40 plus a bit.

mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Over 40, still like sporty hot hatches but needed bigger car for moving my ever growing son and his mates around! Went for DSG for 2 reasons - 1, I'm an upper limb amputee so no choice there :) , 2 - even if I had both limbs I would still choose it as roads are so busy it just makes life easier...
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Over 40 here too. I had a succession of tweaked and surprisingly rapid Volvos but wanted a change, hence the Yeti and now the Karoq. The choice of a dag box was because my wife does not like driving manual cars so if we want to split the driving I had to have dag.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
shep52

Post by shep52 »

66 like height of seats to make getting in/out of car easier and less of a pain than the superb which is a lovely car but to low for my old bones
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Just mid 40s, husband (in his early 50s) started driving a dsg on his Lexus GS300 (about 10 years ago) then next vehicle was hybrid Lexus so auto again and he loves it so that actually meant certain SUVs were out as he didn't want to go back to a manual, I didn't really drive the other cars too much and my 17 year old toyota Corolla is manual which I do prefer however I am liking the DSG now. It is funny because I had a big thing about driving the automatic for some reason I was quite scared of it.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Alanf

Post by Alanf »

54. I had my NSX til 3 years ago, so I don't think you give up on the powerful stuff at 40.
You do, however, give up on congested roads, stop-start traffic, pot-holes and bad driving.
The 1.5 is quick enough for UK roads, so I'll be sticking with the softer suspension and auto box, thanks.

Alan
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

You can run a poll for this should you wish.
See my poll for age of Kodiaq owners on
https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1942
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post