Just been told I can't get my Karoq SE

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Karobbie

Post by Karobbie »

Hi there,

I am new to the forum but instead of introducing myself in the 'Introductions' forum I am jumping straight in here after a telephone call I got from my Škoda dealer this morning.

At the end of May I ordered a 1.0L SE Karoq. A couple of weeks after ordering I was called to be told that they couldn't give me a build week as they were moving production to the 2019 model. Not a big deal to me, in fact I thought it would probably be better to have the 2019 model than the 2018 (at no extra cost).

However, today I received another call to be told that I could no longer get the 1.0L SE model as it was being discontinued. The salesman said he believed it was to do with WLTP (http://wltpfacts.eu). Instead I could now get a Karoq SE Nav Plus which comes with extra equipment that isn't standard with the SE but it will cost me more. He couldn't say how much but thought it "might be" between £600-£800.

So my question is has this happened to anyone else and if it has have they been given a price for the "extras"? When you see them below I am struggling to believe that all this will cost no more than £800.

This is what the SE Nav Plus comes with over and above the SE trim:

Amundsen sat nav with 8" touchscreen display and European maps
SD card
Voice control
Integrated wifi
Infotainment Online for one year
Adaptive cruise control
Front and rear parking sensors
SMART LINK+
Wireless RSE app
Comfort telephony

Many thanks and I'm looking forward to being an active member of the forum (and enjoying my new Karoq!).

Robbie

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

£600 to £800 for that little lot looks like very good value. I specified the adaptive cruise control and love it, the front and rear parking sensors may be an advantage if, unlike my wife, you don't like the mechanical sensors built into every car (some people call them "bumpers" ;) ). I guess that including some items in a standard specification allows them to stock fewer parts leading to economies in the factory (Wi-Fi, navigation, voice control seem to be cheap to make options that fit that concept).

However, I think I would be having an earnest conversation with my dealer and suggesting that if they want to charge £800 it has probably only cost them about £300 and they could afford to lose that in the cost you have already agreed.

Worth a try...

Have fun,

Ian.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to welcome you to our little corner of cyberspace. Have fun here.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Karobbie

Post by Karobbie »

Hi Ian

Thanks for the reply and the welcome :)

You make a very good point about including more things as standard with regards to economies of scale and I am on the same page as you regarding the frank and honest chat that I will be having in due course with my dealer once we know the extra price. Apparently after my telephone call he was off to phone someone to tell them that the car they had ordered they are not doing any more so I guess I got off lightly.

I will update in due course when I know more.

I just hope we still get the car in early September!

Robbie
Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy »

I am amazed that they have still not updated the website yet. On selecting "Build your own Skoda" this message appears "Factory orders from June will reflect Model Year 19 specification and pricing. Our website and configurator reflects Model Year 18 specifications (including fuel efficiency and emissions performance) and pricing. These models are available from UK stock only. Please speak to your local ŠKODA retailer for more information."

Considering the waiting times for orders I wouldn't expect dealers to have any new cars in stock.
rook

Post by rook »

…it may be worth arguing your case:
“…The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 require you to give certain information to consumers who buy goods, services or digital content from you before the contract is made. These information requirements form part of the contract that the consumer has with you so if you do not provide the information, the consumer can claim you have breached the contract and seek a suitable resolution….”.
Check with a legal beagle – have you paid a deposit therefore do you have a contract?
As I understand the situation (as a non-legal consumer):
Firstly there must be an offer. An invitation to treat; displayed goods and services on the website/dealer, inviting the consumer to make an offer to buy.
Acceptance - then there must be acceptance of the offer. Accept and make payment for an order placed with your dealer.
Consideration - in a consumer contract this is usually 'money consideration' (payment) for ‘Intention to make a contract’ – dealer/Skoda and the consumer (you) must intend to be legally bound by the contract and you must both understand what the contract actually means.
Legal capacity - the consumer (you) must be legally capable of making a contract.
If those elements were fulfilled, I would argue you have a contract – if the spec (contract) changes you have the right to accept or reject without addition costs (unless you agree).
They may argue that the contract is cancelled, but a good legal advisor may argue that they are in breach of contract and you could seek a suitable resolution, ie a Karoq SE Nav Plus at no additional cost.
Take advice and good luck.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

I have the SE and really happy with it. The package proposed looks good value and I'm sure that somewhere in all the small print will be their right to change specs/ pricing without notice
Grumpy. Karoq 1.0L SE in Business Grey previous Yeti owner
Richard7

Post by Richard7 »

Hello there,
I am also a new member, I posted a note last week its under Richard7 and the Forum is under Karoq delayed deliveries. Early this year we went to look at the Karoq Edition petrol DSG, all was fine so we decided to place an order in June. However I was informed in May that the Edition Petrol was no longer an option, only comes in Diesel and that the waiting time was unbelievable (over 12 months), so we opted for a SEL Petrol ordered June 8, probable delivery end of Sept but that will move forward. Aha that isn't going to happen, Next I am told that due to new EU regulations that with a sunroof your mileage is expected to rise by a very small amount but until they have carried out the tests the build date was delayed. So as of last week I still had no build date or delivery date, oh yes before that I was told that due to the full order book my Karoq delivery was now mid December, so I am fully expecting my delivery to push out to 2019, this is really annoying me. My last Octavia was ordered and on that date I was told delivery Sept 8th and that was ON TIME!!!! so what has TRULY happening at SKODA?????. I have also been asking when the digital dashboard will be available for the Karoq, that also keeps being pushed out further and further. So how come in the Czechoslovakia you can have the digital dashboard fitted for around 300 Euros!! on the Superb, Octavia and the Karoq. I like the people at my dealership, they are very good but I think there hands are tied, I wish I could find out the real truth, if I knew that I would not be sooooo frustrated.

If anyone out there has some info could you please share this with us.....

Many thanks
Richard7
Phil600tcat

Post by Phil600tcat »

My car has actually arrived at the dealers - 1.5SEL. I was given the choice collect now or wait a couple of weeks for the 68 plate. I said 68 plate and all was good, the plate was fitted and paperwork signed accordingly.
I then received a phone call saying it had to be registered as an 18 plate because the management said it had to!
Obviously not happy I was put through to the manager who informed me that it was to do with WLTP (I had vented about about targets etc. being the reason) and that VAG had told them they had to register before 1st September!
I've been given the choice of getting my deposit back or potentially waiting another 5 months for a 1.5.
Has anybody else come across this?
arkaig

Post by arkaig »

Phil600tcat wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:05 am I then received a phone call saying it had to be registered as an 18 plate because the management said it had to!
I was put through to the manager who informed me that it was to do with WLTP and that VAG had told them they had to register before 1st September!
I've been given the choice of getting my deposit back or potentially waiting another 5 months for a 1.5.
Has anybody else come across this?
Absolutely right, there are revised new EU emissions standards - both WLTP & RDE - that apply to vehicles registered as from 1st September 2018. All vehicle manufacturers are facing the same - see here for more info: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post