Forum Software Updates

The place to discuss everything else..
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

As you may know, there are Skoda Kodiaq and SEAT Ateca forums (fora?) which were clearly related to this one as they had a very similar appearance. But both of those have recently been 'updated' to new forum software and suddenly look very different! (See https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/ and https://www.atecaforums.co.uk/)

I browse them as they often have posts which can also apply to Karoqs, but am not at all sure about their new look. Presumably the Karoq forum administrators will also be applying a similar update to this forum at some time, and perhaps users will get used to the changes, but the initial learning curve seems rather off-putting!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I have resigned as Moderator on the new Kodiaq forum. The platform is similar to the Yeti forum of which I am NOT a fan!
The reason for my decision is multi-facetted.
1. I haven't owned a Kodiaq since late 18. So do not feel up to date with current specs.
2.The new Kodiaq forum is IMHO awful. It is overcomplicated and messy. It's only saving grace as with Yeti forum, is the ability to drag photos directly into a post.

I wrote to the Administrator who hides behind the nom de plume 'Cricket' to resign and with some comments. it appears that I have been black balled as my post has been removed as has my Mod status, with no acknowledgement or thanks for being a moderator for 4 years.

They do not list the names of the admin or the moderators and if you scroll right down to the bottom and click on 'Business' you will find that it is purely a cash cow run by a Canadian company where you cannot even buy a Skoda as they are not imported into the North American continent.

This, in my opinion, is not the right ethos with which a members forum should be run.

I have written to Rob Smith the Admin of this forum and also the HR-V, and Enyaq fora, begging him not to sell these fora to another platform owner, which, if history repeats itself, will be worse than the excellent platform they are on now.
Anybody that has not visited the Kodiaq forum,
https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/
have a look and see how you think it compares to this excellent platform. I think it's. rubbish! On a very small base I haven't seen anybody that likes the new Kodiaq forum so far. A couple are ambivalent, waiting to see how it 'shakes 'out. We'll see!!!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Interesting comments Kodiaq. I hadn't realised that the forums had been sold off to new owners. I think they'll struggle still to gain members with the new look, and the only complaint I have over this one is that you can't add 'likes' etc to a post without adding it in a reply.

Presumably the Briskoda forum (which covers all Skoda models) will remain the market leader for some time.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I put a poll on the site with 3 options. Like it , don't like it, ambivalent. It was pulled, as was my open message to the admin pointing out the reasons why I was resigning as Moderator.
He must have seen it as he has removed the Mod status from my signature.
Very childish and rude.
I agree with you I think it may fail.
If you go right down to the bottom of the home page, you will see a heading 'Business' which is an invitation to companies to join up and presumably advertise their businesses, thereby proving what I originally thought. It is just a cash machine. I'm sure they have no interest in Kodiaqs.
Colin.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post