Selling kodiaq

The place to discuss everything else..
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

If this isn't allowed please remove. I bought my karoq with 1800 miles and is category S, I've kept in touch with the seller who did a good job putting it right and it's been fine for the past year. He had a 2017 kodiaq 2.0l diesel, 4wd manual 5 seat that is cat N on HPI check but nothing on the v5. Repairs were front wheel and airbag only. Car has 14k miles and he is selling for £ 17k if anyone knows someone looking for one. I went to look at the kodiaq but it wasn't there at the time so I bought the karoq instead.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I would suggest that you put it on the Kodiaq forum as well. I doubt they will sell though.
I wouldn't touch any write-off code car😱. More expensive insurance and very poor residuals.

For those that are not aware.

Category S, B and N in car damage terms.
Most insurers will consider covering a Category S car, but at a much higher price than a car that has not been written off.
Category A: Car may not be repaired, and must be crushed. ...
Category B. Cannot be repaired and must be scrapped, but parts may be used if in good condition.
Category N: A write-off that has not sustained any damage to its structure, and which may be repaired and safely returned to the road.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I insured my car with lv, no mention of categories in the application and nothing shown on the Dvla just in the v5. I'm sure the insurance companies data base should show vehicles of this nature, so they should know it's cat S and if they don't ask the question how can I tell them online. My car has been repaired properly and drives perfectly. Has been serviced by skoda where the mechanic saw signs of the accident and told me it had been in an accident, a fact I already knew. He said the radiator was leaking so asked for a cost to replace it, they never got back to me, so I took it to my local mechanic who found nothing wrong with the radiator but found a split hose. Haven't topped the coolant up since. The car cost me £17,000 instead of £29,000.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
Just to let you know that the majority of our insurance schemes have no issues with insuring previously written off vehicles.
Regards,
Dan.