2 Wheel Drive
75%
4 Wheel Drive
25%

Total votes: 32

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The Karoq comes in two and four-wheel drive guises and with a choice of a six-speed manual of seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox. In higher-spec it comes with Skoda’s Drive Mode Select system, which enables the car’s drivetrain to be switched through Normal, Sport, Eco, Individual and Snow.

Tiddles

Post by Tiddles »

I've selected 4 Wheel Drive but it does depend on engine configuration and prices when they're revealed.
Waggy1971

Post by Waggy1971 »

2.0 diesel with 4 wheel drive for me
Karoq SE L 2.0 DSG 4x4 - heated seats / windscreen / washjets - towbar - park assist - power boot - Assistance pack - Light Assist / light & Rain Assist - park assist with steering assist - LED Lighting pack - Quartz Grey
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

Rob wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 6:42 amI have ordered the 4x4. While I know it's no Land Rover Discovery I do a lot of driving winter and summer so I will take any extra advantage I can get
The Karoq comes in two and four-wheel drive guises and with a choice of a six-speed manual of seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox. In higher-spec it comes with Skoda’s Drive Mode Select system, which enables the car’s drivetrain to be switched through Normal, Sport, Eco, Individual and Snow.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Front wheel drive for me. We rarely have snow on the ground for more than a couple of days a year so the extra cost, weight and complexity of four-wheel drive is not warranted. I may fit a set of steel wheels with all seasons tyres for winter use as I have those in the garage anyway.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

I have had a Toyota Corolla 4x4, a Toyota Camry 4x4 (a rare beast), a Landrover and a Yeti 4x4 interspersed with a few two wheel drive cars. I have to admit the 4x4 was fantastic on wet roads but I never really saw any snow while I had them.
Every time I changed from a four wheel drive vehicle back to a two wheel drive we had a bad winter, so reverted to four wheel drive.
So I have bad news guys.... the Karoq I have on order is two wheel drive, so expect a bad winter this year!
On a serious note I always have a set of quality winter tyres, which get you out of most situations and being retired now I don’t really need to go out if the weather is bad so opted for two wheel drive.
My Yeti 4x4 Diesel DSG never got below 40mpg in town and averaged just short of 50 over 30k. So it looks as if I’m in for a shock with me Karoq 1.4 TSi DSG when I get it.
GeoffH
Karoq 1.5 TSi SEl DSG with Heated Screen, Heated Steering Wheel, ACC, Signpost Recognition, Lane Assist, Park Assist, Blind Spot Recognition.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I'm with Milfroq. Living in Poole means snow is very rare. Therefore not worth the cost or complexity.
I have had.... 1 HR-v (original version)4 CR-v, 2 Discos, Shogun Sport, Outlander PHEV. ALL 4wD.
Never needed the 4WD on any of them!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

As I get tyres at cost I will get a pair of winter tyres for the front, even though I just retired, frequent hospital appointments for my wife means I will need to get out of the cul de sac where I live and its uphill. It's also uphill to the end of the road. coming back.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

I got 2WD as wanted petrol rather than diesel. In an ideal world would have liked a 4WD 2.0 petrol but not available when we purchased. May consider a vRS Karoq in the future if that fits the bill :-)
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Meister

Post by Meister »

2 wheel drive for me.
Although we do get the snow in Cheshire my small cul de sac is rarely a problem for more than a couple of days and there is a bus stop at the end (100 yards from my house) which I could walk to if needed ..... the bus route is always well gritted and clear of snow.

For me its just not worth the extra expense and extra fuel costs.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post