Any Yeti owners switching?

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I know with some Yeti owners the new Karoq has not went down well... so are any of you actually switching?

TheWhiteYeti

Post by TheWhiteYeti »

I quite liked the quirkiness of the Yeti - its boxy shape. However, I also like the shape of the Karoq. It is the same as the Seat model and the VW Tiguan, isn't it? Quite like that too. The only thing I'm not keen on is the name - too close to Crock. That's usually used to indicate that something is rubbish.

Anyway, I'm changing from a 1.2 Yeti to the 1.5TSi Karoq in April. Gone for the SE Technology model - and paid extra for metallic (Cappuccino) as well as a heated windscreen and seats. My Yeti has Bi-Zenon headlights - I think that this one comes with plain halogen ones. I'll miss the little dance that they do as well as how they adjust to the speed of the car - I always notice when I pull up behind another car in town the lights becoming less wide. I'll probably miss their performance too.
Johnmdfi

Post by Johnmdfi »

I am waiting delivery of 1.5 SEL with dsg gearbox in skinflint blue. I thought electric boot more useful than overpriced colours. Changing from 1.2 yeti. Decided living in Scottish Borders with lots of nighttime driving in the country I wanted to keep the excellent light from bi Xeon headlights. This is my second yeti having previously owner a 2 lt 170 by 4x4 yeti. The dancing bending headlights in both Yetis intrigued passengers.
I wait to see how good the LED S are.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I switched from a 1.6 diesel Yeti (Greenline II) to a 1.5 TSI Karoq.

The Karoq is a better car by pretty much any objective measure, but it is as dull as ditchwater. Bland does not even begin to do it justice. I have seen a couple of other Karoqs on the road, but I've thought I've seen bucket loads only to get a bit closer and recognise a Seat Ateca / VW Tiguan / Hyundai iX35 / Kia Sportage...

The Karoq is completely lacking the Yeti's distinctive character both visually and from the driver's seat. Somehow, despite the Karoq being a better car than the Yeti, I feel sure that, when I look back in 20 years, I will have fond memories of my first car (Cortina Mk5 2.3 Ghia S estate), my first Volvo T5 and the Yeti, but I will struggle to remember what I replaced any of them with. Almost as soon as I took delivery of the Yeti it was like an old friend whereas three months down the road the Karoq is simply transport.

I can't define what made the Yeti special, but I know it is missing in the Karoq (and also in the Kodiak).

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670