A short break in service.

The place to discuss everything else..
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

For me, not the web site.
On December 10th I am going into hospital for a horrendous operation. The revision (i:e: replacement) of my 23 year old hip replacement.

Apparently 4 hours on the table and lots of banging and sawing. two bone grafts required and at least 6 weeks on crutches, semi weight bearing and NO DRIVING AAAAAARGH!! :shock:

I should be out of hospital in a week. when hopefully normal service will be resumed.
I'm only telling you all this so that all the boxes of (dark please) chocolates can be sent to Bournemouth hospital to help me get over the trauma!! :lol:
So any forum problems, please contact ROB.
Many thanks.
Colin.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

ooh that sounds traumatic, I'm hoping Bournemouth Hospital doesn't succumb to winter bed pressures and your op goes ahead on the day you expect, with all the lovely chocolates and biscuits out for Christmas, sounds a good time to be sat down munching away. Hopefully SWMBO will be around to take you out to save you from cabin fever. I'll send you advance get better soon wishes. :)
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Good luck Colin. Hope it all goes well.

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Thanks both of you. :D
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Best wishes Colin. I can empathize for alternative procedures, so wish you well. Perhaps you can occupy yourself in recovery on the Skoda configurator for best / gaudiest spec, most expensive Skoda etc... ๐Ÿ˜€
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Thanks, chaps, for the kind comments. :D
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

Very best of luck Colin. It certainly makes my TKR sound like an inconvenience! You wished me a speedy recovery on the Yeti Forum when I had it done. As a matter of interest my mum in law had one of the very early hips done in โ€˜68 and the other one done shortly after. The first was replaced after about 22 years. She even took, and passed, her driving test after it was done. The technology has improved since the (bigger hammer?!).
Iโ€™ll have everything crossed for you on 10th.
GeoffH
Karoq 1.5 TSi SEl DSG with Heated Screen, Heated Steering Wheel, ACC, Signpost Recognition, Lane Assist, Park Assist, Blind Spot Recognition.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Many thanks Geoff. In a bit of a 'blue funk' state now, just for 5 minutes when I wake up.
Not scared of hospitals but don't like being restricted and not driving for 6 weeks is just too terrible to contemplate!! :cry:
I hope I shall only be in for 5 days, as long as it all goes well. Then I shall be back on line.
Thanks again.
C
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

All the best with your op, as for not driving, I've always seen it as a nice break. After driving all over the country and regularly into London installing air conditioning it's nice not driving, although with the new karoq it's a pleasure. When I visit my daughter in Beijing I get three or four weeks being driven around and as it's impossible to know where the buses go I walk mostly or take the underground now that there is a station a short walk from the apartment. At home it's all too easy to get in the car instead of taking a short walk.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

17 out of 21 years with Shell I drove up to 30k a year.
I just LURVE driving, can't get enough of it.
Thanks for your good wishes. Not looking forward to it!๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post