Re-mapping

The place to discuss everything else..
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

Question for everyone. Has anyone on got their Karoq remapped or even plan to ? .I have talked to a few people that got it done professionally and it increased power,lowered fuel consumption and emissions.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Given that the car is still under warranty I would tread carefully if I were you. I have absolute confidence that Skoda / VAG will deny any warranty claims if they discover that someone has been tinkering in the bowels of the ECU...

More generally; I have had a couple of cars remapped (two V70 T5s and a V70R) all three cars had improved fuel consumption (but required the use of higher grade fuel, which just about balanced out the costs) and all three cars were noticeably quicker through the midrange and kept pulling until I ran out of nerve or road. I have also heard horror stories from owners who went for a remap and chose their supplier based on price. If you must do it choose somebody who knows what they are doing and has a good reputation that they will not want to lose and don't forget about the warranty and insurance implications.

Have fun,

ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

When you say VAG do you mean Volkswagen AG ?

Thanks
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

VAG = Volkswagen Audi Group (ie VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat)

Sorry. Note to self: Try not to use acronyms without defining them first.

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

Haha in that case you just mean the Volkswagen Group (no such entity as Volkswagen Audi group ) . Which is called Volkswagen AG , the AG is like "incorporated" in German.

:D
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Jimbologo wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:05 am Haha in that case you just mean the Volkswagen Group (no such entity as Volkswagen Audi group ) . Which is called Volkswagen AG , the AG is like "incorporated" in German.

:D
I stand erected... or something :lol:

Have fun,

Ian.

Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

:lol:
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

PDriver40,

Did you think any further about a remap? If you went ahead I'm sure there are folks here who would like to know how you go on, who you used, what were the results on a dyno, how does it feel on the road, what did your insurance company make of it... etc, etc, etc

Before deciding to buy the Karoq I looked at remapping my Greenline II Yeti. I could get it from 105bhp to 141, with near identical performance curves to the two litre 140 that Skoda offered as standard. However, there were almost no insurance companies prepared to offer cover and those that did wanted a couple of hundred pounds more than they would have to insure the standard TDI 140. The insurance and possible reduced reliability of DPF and EGR killed the option for me.

Have fun,

Ian.

PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

I have decided to continue as is for at least 6 months to get a better idea how the car is now. As regards insurance ,my brother in law purchased a nearly new seat car ,got it remapped by a company near Belfast and got excellent results. Improved mileage, more power and lower emissions.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi,
If anyone needs any help with insurance at all for a re-map, chip or tuning box then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.