What did you drive before the Karoq?

The place to discuss everything else..
Lulubelle

Post by Lulubelle »

The most recent was a Q3 diesel which I adored, prior to that was another Q3 - they were solid vehicles with never a problem. The biggest difference is the Karoq infotainment screen - no such luxury on the Q3. Thoroughly enjoying playing with it.
Skoda Karoq, SE TSI 150, Candy White, Manual [June 2018 delivery]

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Currently Kodiaq1.4DSG SE L, previously 3 yetis, Mitsubishi PHEV, Fabia estate and 71 others!!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

kodiaq wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:41 am Currently Kodiaq1.4DSG SE L, previously 3 yetis, Mitsubishi PHEV, Fabia estate and 71 others!!
OMG I am 45 and passed my driving test just after my 18th birthday, I am only on my 3rd car, husband has 8 years on me and on his 8th...should I even ask how you've got to 77 cars????
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I'm a petrol head!
Some may say a boring old f@rt as I don't smoke, don't drink, don't go on may holidays as SWMBO & I have 2 rescued Long dogs and will not leave them in kennels.
I passed my test at 17 and 4 months and usually change cars every year or so.
I have today P/X'd the Kodiaq for a Karoq. Pick it up on Monday......my 78th car! ;)
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

kodiaq wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:37 pm I have today P/X'd the Kodiaq for a Karoq. Pick it up on Monday......my 78th car! ;)
Colin,

I will be interested to see how you get on with the little K. I doubt there are many people who can do a comparison based on owning both.

I am guessing you have gone for the 1.5 TSi DSG, am I right? If not, what have you chosen?

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Ian,
Happy to compare when I have a few miles under my belt.
The only thing I really dislike, since coming from a BIG K with a pan roof, is the black headlining in the little k.Image
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Fiat scudo comfort combi, 6 seater. Had from new 11 years, 212,000 miles and has never broken down. It's had work done but as and when needed. Used as my work vehicle and couldn't bring myself to buy another work vehicle before retirement. Now retired early despite the government moving the goalposts.
My other car is a 1957 ford popular
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

I had a Yeti 4x4 Outdoor Diesel with DSG. I loved the car but had to change it to a car I could sit in the passenger seat with leg in plaster (I’m 6’7”) so swapped for a BMW X1 which I suffered for 14 months.... the seat was in leather and had raised stitching where the seat catches just under the thighs. This stitching stopped the leather stretching with the rest of the seat base and the result was it stopped blood circulating to my lower legs!
It had to go... was a very expensive mistake, but it got me back to a Skoda!
GeoffH
Karoq 1.5 TSi SEl DSG with Heated Screen, Heated Steering Wheel, ACC, Signpost Recognition, Lane Assist, Park Assist, Blind Spot Recognition.
chrispbits

Post by chrispbits »

BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer and before that a couple of Honda CRVs (not at the same time though) and before that cars too numerous and varied to recall. The BMW was okay but had the most uncomfortable seats I've ever experienced in a car (an experience similar to GeoffH above), also various squeeks, rattles and groans. It's a relief to leave that behind.
Karoq SE L 1.6 TDI DSG in Business Grey
Usual SE L stuff plus leather seats and spare wheel
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

74 previous cars :lol: Including 5 Skodas.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post